About the Role
Develop merchandising business strategies that work with the brand, identify new product/category opportunities and manage information across functions (Design, Inventory Management, Sourcing, Visual) and across channels to maximize the development of the brand, sales and profits for the division. Review and approve business strategies and financial plans. Regularly communicate and share information with various functions in division. Manage and develop associates.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Identify the strategic direction for the division. Communicate the vision and inspire team to develop business plans and identify new opportunities. Implement tactical plans derived from strategy by working across functional areas.
* Review category strategy for department to ensure current trends are capitalized upon throughout the department.
* For the division, review and approve: Strategic plans to explore new business opportunities, Product mix to ensure all collections have a cohesive look and meets standards, Final samples, Annual and seasonal financial plans to maximize sales and profits, and Seasonal assortment plans (line lists) to ensure product is appropriate for brand.
* Work closely with visual merchandising to plan floor layouts for division.
* Review markdown strategies.
* Develop staffing and succession plans. Interview candidates and approve division s final candidates.
* Determine work load for staff; recommend effective processes and procedures to improve workflow and results.
* Provide direction and clarify objectives. Evaluate and appraise performance.
* Mentor, educate and develop staff.
* Lead and facilitate divisional meetings across functions and distribution channels.
* Present concepts to President, CEO, Store Management and merchandising functions. Collaborate and seek feedback on ideas and products.
* Regularly shop competitors to keep abreast of trends. Travel overseas to identify emerging themes and new inspirations.
* Participate in key company strategic initiatives and steering committees.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled