Director Early College Programs
- Job Label:
- Director of Early College Programs
East Central College has an opening for a Director of Early College Programs. The Director of Early College Programs is responsible for coordinating, developing and maintaining dual credit, dual enrollment, dual technical credit, and early college high school programs.
The position works closely with counselors at partner high schools to build enrollment and create pathways to enrollment as full-time East Central College students following high school graduation.
The position ensures that the Early College Programs are administered in accord with guidelines established by the College, the Missouri Department of Higher Education, and the Higher Learning Commission.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- The ideal candidate should have a Master's degree required with a minimum of three years’ experience developing programmatic partnership relationships. Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, experience with budget development and monitoring
ESSENTIAL TASKS: Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.
- Build relationships with high schools across ECC’s service area, in order to increase enrollment by assessing the needs of high school students and school districts, coordinating with academic departments and colleges to provide courses in response to those needs, implementing marketing and promotion strategies to ensure participation, providing admission and registration support services, and overseeing orientation and administrative support for students and faculty.
- Manages the growth, development, and promotion of Early College Programs, including preparation of guidelines for instructors, schools, students, and academic departments, making presentations at schools, initiating formal agreements with schools, recommending policy and procedural changes, overseeing orientation activities for students and instructors, coordinating with academic departments at the College, solving problems, and serving as an advisor and a resource for students, parents and counselors.
- Engage local and regional educational leaders to identify critical needs, develop new and improve existing programs as well as demonstrate the ability to effectively build and lead teams to advance strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for leading the expansion, development, and execution of dual enrollment programs.
- Works cooperatively with the Registrar and Admissions staff to ensure that special registration assistance is provided for dual credit students, including visits to area high schools in a timely manner to collect admission and registration materials to meet specified registration deadlines.
- Provide leadership and administration for planning, developing, implementing, directing, monitoring, and reviewing/developing K-12 career pathways, dual enrollment, and educational programming with local high schools, government, and higher education educational partners.
- Conduct college business in a professional and ethical manner that includes the College's core values of integrity, excellence, dignity, accountability, environmental responsibility and global citizenry.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, and standards in a safe and efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
View full job description here.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Retirement benefits, generous paid leave, tuition waiver and tuition reimbursement benefits. Minimum starting salary is $42,000 and will commensurate with experience.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- Related Keywords:
- College, high school, dual credit, enrollment, dual enrollment, admissions, director, college programs,