Great People. Great Mission. Great Benefits.
Surround yourself with fun, energetic, and hard-working professionals who are dedicated to helping neurologists worldwide provide the best possible care for their patients. The AAN's headquarters, built in 2012, is a beautiful, energy-efficient office in downtown Minneapolis's vibrant Mill District, just steps from the light rail, major bus lines, great parking options, walking/biking paths and countless dining and entertainment options.
The Director, Education provides strategic direction, leadership and vision for initiatives related to K-12, undergraduate, graduate medical education and e-Learning. This position develops programs and services across member/non-member career stages that coincide with AAN strategic goals.
Current Program Over-site
• Responsible for analysis, development, and implementation of strategic directions of educational initiatives
• Evaluate and analyze program analytics, metrics and performance
• Regularly report to physicians and Academy leadership
• Identify opportunities for cross-collaboration on existing programs and initiatives
• Coordinates activities and collaboration between K-12, undergraduate medical education, graduate medical education and e-Learning teams
New Program Development
• Identify member educational needs to strategically develop new programs and services across member/non-member career stages that coincide with AAN strategic goals
• Analyze and identify new education programs through opportunity assessment, market research, member needs assessment and financial feasibility
• Innovates and visions new products and services, promoting diversity in programming
• Monitor, recommend, and implement emerging learning technologies and techniques
• Responsible for budget oversite for K-12, undergraduate medical education, graduate medical education and e-Learning teams
• Position is responsible for direct employee supervision which includes the selection, training, performance management, compensation administration, and termination of employees
This job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, activities, and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree in education, communication, liberal arts or related field required
• Master’s Degree is preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the management and administration of education programs, including curriculum development is required
• Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is required
• Previous experience with a healthcare related association or nonprofit preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Leadership skills, including visioning, strategic planning, employee motivation, performance appraisal and conflict resolution are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (both written and spoken communication), and team-building skills are required
• Strong skills in office productivity tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are required
• Detail-oriented leader, able to demonstrate innovation and initiative, good judgment, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment is required
• Knowledge of learning management systems is preferred
• Knowledge of medical education training is preferred
• Knowledge of online education is preferred
• Knowledge of adult learning methodology is preferred
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION:
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Travel Requirements: Some travel required – approximately 10%. Ability to legally travel outside of the United States, particularly but not limited to Canada.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Schedule: Occasional evenings and weekends required
Physical Requirements: Standard office setting, with ability to sit for long periods of time, occasional use of stairs; regular use of computer and office equipment, lifting up to 10 lbs. The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The American Academy of Neurology is an equal opportunity employer.
American Academy of Neurology
201 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55415
If our great people, great mission, and great location weren’t enough, we offer great benefits that work as hard for you as you do for us.
• Twenty-two days of paid personal time off (PTO) in the first year
• Twelve paid holidays per year in addition to PTO
• Company contribution equal to 10.5 percent of salary to AAN employee 401K retirement savings account
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance (free employee coverage)
• Life and AD&D insurance—premiums covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Long-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• Short-term disability insurance fully funded—covered 100 percent by the AAN
• ID theft protection
• Travel insurance
• Flexible spending plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Parking subsidy
• Dry cleaning (free pickup and delivery)
• Wellness offerings (mindfulness courses, yoga classes, walking/running club)
• On-site workout facility