Oversees and directs departmental activities to ensure quality services for both internal and external customers. Supports and upholds the Hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors, Patient Bill of Rights, and the Code of Business and Ethical Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 years of managerial experience or demonstrated leadership abilities.
- CPR: Healthcare Provider
- Minimum of 2 years pediatric related experience.
- MSN or Master’s in a Health Care Related field or currently enrolled.
- RN licensure within the state of Florida.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses, develops, implements and evaluates services within scope of responsibility/authority to ensure department goals that coincide with the hospital strategic plan and outcomes.
- Coordinates the departmental performance improvement process/Key Quality indicators including the preparation, analysis, and submission of required reports. Updates and communicates outcomes and information to stakeholders quarterly.
- Demonstrates personal and professional growth and expertise by remaining current with state and federal associations and with professional trends, and by participating in community activities. Develops reviews and revises departmental policies and procedures and assures the department's compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Directs through collaborative practice associations and through participation on teams, councils, task forces, and special projects both internal and external to enhance the image of the organization.
- Interacts interdepartmentally to promote Clinical Service Lines and New Program development and strategy with team members (including Physicians) on Market expansion.
- Maintains a department-staffing model that is in alignment with departmental budget and key quality indicators. Oversees talent development of the staff, including hiring, employment separation, orientation, talent development, and training, succession planning disciplinary measures, orientation, mentoring and evaluation including feedback sessions.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of respective department, to provide consistent quality service to internal and external customers including audits, of TM&E employee files and pay information including Kronos pay transaction to ascertain consistency with established pay policies, resolves discrepancies.
- Performs all fiscal responsibilities (Capital and Operational) according to hospital policies and procedures Seeks opportunities to reduce cost and enhance revenue. –Strategically positions the organization to react and responds effectively to unplanned circumstances, demands, and challenges facing the department while creating an environment where revenue enhancement and cost reductions are met and exceed.
- Promotes safety standards in order to ensure an error free environment. Establishes standards, provides training and enforces compliance of departmental hospital customer service program.
- Provide administrative support to ED Nurse Managers in the areas of employee evaluations, progressive discipline, staffing, KRONOS monitoring and payroll processing.
- Work in conjunction with the ED Nurse Managers in the implementation of process improvement and monitoring of quality indicators.
- 4 years of general clinical nursing experience preferred.
- After 1 year in role, National Certification will be required.
- Consistently demonstrates positive interpersonal relations and cooperates with others in the accomplishment of the hospital's goals and shares information appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in the pediatric setting.
- Must be able to relate cooperatively and constructively with clients and co-workers and effectively monitor and develop the abilities of subordinates.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Requires the ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Requires the ability to use standard mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Requires the ability to work with patients and their families.