Director, Enterprise Business Acquisition
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Frontier Business ™offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
The Director, Enterprise Business Acquisition is the foundation of Frontier Communications’ success as an organization. As a sales leader, the Director, Enterprise Business Acquisition is responsible for developing and supporting Frontier’s sales talent to maximize new business growth within the Medium, Large, and Enterprise customer segments (100+ employee companies). This role helps their sales teams solve the business needs of prospects by aligning those needs and objectives with Frontier solutions. This Director owns all opportunities and is responsible for overseeing the coordination of resources and managing the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
Strategic Value of Role
Increase Frontier valuation through new Medium, Large, and Enterprise customer acquisition by:
- Developing sales strategies and driving execution of defined strategies to exceed projected revenue goals in the assigned region/segment
- Setting aspirational goals, providing leadership to the team, and driving tactical implementation
- Developing a team of Business Acquisition Executives that fosters a high-performance environment, utilizes best in class sales practices, and emphasizes employee development
- Modeling trusted advisor behavior by being knowledgeable about customer’s business needs and issues and the latest IT trends and solutions
- Teaching Business Acquisition Executives how to execute consultative, team-based sales on the latest IT solutions, such as cloud and edge computing
- Coaching and recruiting talent to create high quality performers that will be considered for future leadership roles within Frontier
- Developing C Level Customer Relationships
Your role as a Director is to:
- Responsible for the talent management aspect of the Enterprise sales team. This includes working with HR throughout the hiring phase and overseeing the onboarding of the sales team to ensure future success.
- Responsible for developing and mentoring a high performing team of Business Acquisition Executives and coaching them on how to target and win deals. You will also help the Business Acquisition Executives prioritize prospects within their target account list, develop vertical expertise, review and guide materials for pitches, facilitate internal collaboration, and accompany Business Acquisition Executives in customer meetings.
- Maintain a strong activities/KPI management/account planning focus on your sales team
- Build Local competitive marketplace profile
- A Director Enterprise Business Acquisition reports to a Regional SVP of Sales.
What makes a great Director, Enterprise Business Acquisition?
- [Customer focused] Develops uniquely strong relationships by providing best in class solutions
- [Organizational buy-in] Influences both internal and external stakeholders to take action by gaining their commitment
- [Strategic] Able to articulate customer value proposition and connect how Frontier’s solutions solve customer’s business needs
- [Leadership] Leads team by example, fosters positive, productive environment for all team members and invests in employees’ career
- [Visionary] Sets strategic goals for teams, communicates expectations clearly, and equips Business Account Executives with the tools to succeed
- Advancement within Frontier Sales organization
Why consider this role?
- Contribute as a leader of a world-class sales organization who is a leader in their markets
- Develop and mentor a world class sales team
- Become a key member of the communities your teams sell to in the region through your participation in community activities
- Experience income and career growth potential within an S&P Fortune 500 company who continues to grow
- Work with highly motivated sales, marketing, product, and engineer leaders to deliver high quality solutions to your customers
- Sell a broad portfolio of products and solutions that are constantly being upgraded and improved and where new products are being released
- Drive revenue growth through the sales of Frontier's products, services and solutions to new Medium, Large, and Enterprise customers within assigned region
- Lead and coach a team of Business Acquisition Executives to drive and support Frontier's business within the assigned region
- Collaborate with peers and management to continually improve the sales organization
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections, connecting customer’s business objectives with Frontier offerings and solutions
- Apply both tactical and strategic go to market models aimed at growing the customer base
- Build and expand relationships with the decision makers in prospect and customer accounts
- Establish yourself as a 'Trusted Advisor' to the prospect or customer
- Bring new and innovative ideas to the both internal team and the customer
- Assist in creating an environment of team work and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence (i.e. strong business acumen)
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Comfortable speaking with C-level executives about financial metrics, calculations and assumptions in business case
- Demonstrates market and industry knowledge and recognizes changing market trends
- Ability to coach and development talent to drive results
- Demonstrates the ability to link corporate strategic goals to customer facing solutions
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels within customer/prospect’s organization
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university required, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in the telecommunications (ILEC, CLEC, wireless or cable), IT or Managed Services Industry in a B2B sales environment
- 10+ years of experience managing sales teams
- Client-facing role, regular travel to client site required
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm