Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: Nicole Coult
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Reporting to the Vice President – Total Rewards, the Director - Executive Compensation is responsible for driving the organization's global executive compensation strategy. This includes leading the design, implementation, communication and administration of executive compensation programs aligned with business objectives. He/She will work with the executive, SR. VP HR, HR business teams, and the corporate organization and will serve as the internal expert on the design, implementation and operational aspects of the company's compensation programs.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Director – Executive Compensation will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Analyze Goodyear’s global executive compensation programs on an on-going basis (including compensation programs at all levels) relative to market position, internal equity, compliance and compensation philosophy.
- Prepare analyses, materials and recommendation to Senior Leadership and the Compensation Committee meetings with the Board of Directors.
- Provide expertise, counsel and advice on annual and long-term incentive program strategic design and process implementation. Ensure designs are globally aligned with corporate business objectives and compensation philosophy.
- Partner with management, legal, finance, tax, accounting and external compensation consultants in the successful and efficient implementation and administration of executive compensation plans and programs.
- Manage the executive compensation team and the day to day planning and implementation of the administrative processes
- Develop behavior-based bonus plans which influence actions in the direction intended by business plans. Assist in the design of executive compensation (long-term and short-term) and benefit plans to ensure competitive levels both internally and externally.
- Establish and maintain a system of control reports that will enable top executive management and other appropriate levels of management to evaluate the effectiveness of key management compensation plans and practices.
- Develop supportive communication programs and ensure that management acquires a thorough understanding of sound compensation practices and programs.
- Counsel executives regarding retirement benefits. Consult with outside actuary on plan administration/programs.
- Assist in the review and recommendation of outside director compensation to maintain a competitive position.
ProfessionalExperience and Competencies Required:
- 10+ years of experience in compensation in a large organization.
- 5+ years executive compensation experience.
- 2+ years global experience.
- Strong experience with benchmarking executive compensation policies and practices.
- Strong external network to gather & exchange ideas/information & act as a sounding board for new and/or innovative ideas.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Finance background is helpful.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 64,000 people and manufactures its products in 47 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment:Manager, Equity, Compensation, Accounting, Recruiting, Management, Finance, Human Resources