Overview of Role
This position has primary responsibility for the preparation of the Company’s quarterly and annual filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and compliance with all applicable generally accepted accounting principles. This position is critical to ensuring the Company’s external financial information is timely and accurately presented.
- All external financial reporting for AMC Networks Inc. and its subsidiaries (the “Company”), including;
- Prepare the Company’s consolidated financial statements, including the statements of comprehensive income, cash flows and footnote disclosures.
- Participate in other Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings that arise as a result of debt and /or equity offerings.
- Prepare supporting analyses and financial data presented in the quarterly earnings release and MD&A.
- Assist with the calculation of the Company’s stock-based compensation expense and expense related to long term incentive plans.
- Prepare other financial statements as required by joint venture and debt agreements.
- Responsible for the review of domestic and international subsidiary financial reporting packages using Hyperion consolidation software and Smartview excel tool.
- Review and tag the financial information in the eXtensible Business Reporting Language (“XBRL”) format for required SEC filings.
- Participate in other Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings that arise as a result of debt and equity offerings.
- Prepare separate financial statements as required by joint ventures and debt agreements.
- Prepare common stock reconciliations and calculation of basic and diluted earnings per share.
- Research, analyze and document the Company’s position on technical accounting matters, including:
- Provide initial recommendations regarding the impact of new accounting pronouncements to the Company.
- Research and document accounting positions related to transaction specific topics, such as revenue recognition, acquisitions, investments, restructuring, stock-based compensation and segment reporting.
- Responsible for the Company’s annual goodwill impairment review, including the coordination and supervision of third-party valuation specialists.
- Perform research on various accounting topics and communicate with stakeholders including business development, treasury and international accounting teams.
- Review international technical accounting position papers.
- Minimum 10 years technical accounting and reporting experience
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and follow-up on items to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced accounting and analytical abilities
- Project management: ability to keep projects on track
- Understanding of the Company’s culture
- Ability to establish effective interdepartmental relations
- Ability to establish relationships with business partners and internal and external auditors.
- Effective time management
- Must have shown upward mobility in prior work experience
- Must have excellent academic credentials
- CPA required, MBA a plus
- Must be proficient in Excel
Key Measures of Success
- Financial metric(s): Ensure all financial statements and related footnote disclosures are presented in accordance with GAAP and properly reflect the operating performance and financial position of the Company.
- Operatingmetric(s): Strict adherence to the timelines established for all internal management and external regulatory reporting. Through the creative use of automated processes and support from Financial Systems Department, improve the timeliness of management reporting and ensure that all reporting deadlines are met.
- Qualitative metric(s), such as teamwork: Must work closely with all business unit management teams to ensure completeness and accuracy of information necessary for management and SEC reporting. Must also work closely with the internal and external audit groups to ensure compliance with internal controls and reporting in conformance with GAAP.
The Company is committed to policy of nondiscrimination in its employment and personnel practices. Applicants are considered for all employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, religion, alienage, citizenship, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition or carrier status, age, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sexual assault, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.