Director - Financial Reporting
Location: Dallas, TX
Responsible for managing the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements closing and consolidations processes. Additionally, the role will be responsible for leading various projects including implementation of new accounting standards, changes to reporting requirements due to organizational changes, coordination with and providing guidance to Global Business Services’ (GBS) Management Information Delivery (MID) and Accounting/Reporting teams, and other projects as assigned.
Key customers for this position are the Vice President and Controller, members of the Controller’s Office and Tax, Finance, the Executive Leadership Team, members of GBS MID and Investor Relations. Key stakeholders include the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Disclosure Committee and the External Auditors.
- Lead the Corporate Reporting Consolidations function, setting strategic direction and process requirements to ensure an effective and efficient process
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely analysis and reporting to internal and external customers for consolidated financial results on a monthly, quarterly, annual and as-requested basis
- Drive continuous improvement activities to identify and implement efficiencies for the consolidation processes
- Coordinate reporting requirements and processes with GBS (MID) to ensure stakeholders needs are met or exceeded
- Provide project leadership to accounting and reporting related initiatives (e.g., adoption of new accounting standards, accounting for acquisitions and divestitures), and other initiatives of the Controller’s Office
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant accounting and reporting experience is necessary for this position. Specifically
- Broad and expert knowledge of financial reporting, accounting principles and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Experience in a multinational public company of similar size to Kimberly-Clark and/or a “Big 4” accounting firm and SEC Reporting is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities / competing time demands and strong oral, written, and presentation skills to deliver effective communications and presentations.
- Possess a think customer orientation to manage leaders’ and auditors’ expectations, and a continuous improvement mindset to further the company’s program of driving efficiency throughout the reporting process.
- Demonstrate the ability to build trust with key customers and stakeholders and a desire to broaden his/her exposure and knowledge beyond the corporate office.
- Educational requirements can be met by an undergraduate degree or better with a background in finance or accounting.
- CPA is strongly preferred, and knowledge of SAP and Hyperion Financial systems is a plus.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship. This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing, including pre-employment testing.