Director, Food and Nutrition Services
Full Time, FTE: 1;
NorthBay Medical Center
This director is responsible for the strategic direction and administrative operation of NorthBay’s Nutrition departments in an acute care setting. This includes the effective and efficient care of patients during the acute care episode from entry through discharge, including the efficient utilization of resources and the elimination of barriers to care delivery. This director is also responsible for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of federal and state statutes, and Joint Commission standards governing nutrition care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition/Dietetics, food management or science related field.
- Master’s in health related, business, or leadership field preferred.
License / Certification:
- Registered Dietitian with current Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred.
Experience / Skills:
- Five to seven years of related experience in area of responsibility.
- Three to five years of demonstrated progressive management experience with increasing scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrated initiative, follow through and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated results oriented management style.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, judgment and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to deal with job-related stress, multiple projects and deadlines.
- Basic computer skills.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration, and Competence