Job is based at Corporate Headquarters in Jackson/Bells, TN
The Director, Food Safety & Regulatory Programs (DFSRP) is responsible for directing all aspects of the Food Safety & Regulatory Programs for The Pictsweet Company (Pictsweet). This requires the following functions:
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company meets Food Safety, Quality, and Legality compliance for FDA FSMA.
- Assure that all Pictsweet Food Safety and Regulatory policies and procedures are followed and maintained.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company has effective environmental monitoring; testing and control programs for Listeria monocytogenes.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company has effective sanitation programs for each facility and distribution center.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company has effective Food Security Systems.
- Conduct internal audits of The Pictsweet Company’s manufacturing facilities and distribution centers.
- Validate that equipment modifications or new equipment can effectively be cleaned and sanitized to a microbial level acceptable to The Pictsweet Company.
- Provide sanitary design recommendations for new and existing equipment and modifications and /or installations of existing/new equipment.
- Performs Routine analysis and resolves consumer/customer complaints, as they relate to food safety. Assist in the implementation of the corrective action with the appropriate plant or facility management personnel.
- Conducts training programs in but not limited to the following; Third Party GFSI audit, Sanitation, Microbiology, Pest Control, Allergen Management, HACCP, GMP, SOP’s, and Internal Auditing.
- Confirm and validate that all training programs associated with Third Party GFSI audit, Sanitation, Microbiology, Pest Control, Allergen Management, HACCP, GMP, SSOP are achieved.
- Assure that The Pictsweet Company maintains its systems and programs in a manner to meet third party audit criteria continually.
- Work in concert with department managers to assure timely and accurate reporting of food safety issues to the VP Technical Services.