We are in search of a Director to join our growing Data Science and Analytics organization. This role will be critical in helping both corporate and global markets enhance their adoption and use of analytics, data and upskill their ability to both improve their use of existing analytics tools as well as to build their own analytic solutions.
This dynamic individual will build and lead a team of analysts, strategists and data scientists responsible to increase fluency, skill and usage of data analytics tools and solutions. As a key member of the Data Analytics Hub leadership team, you will be a vital advisor and contributor to the CDAO and the Data Analytics leadership. This role will interact with both the central corporate headquarters as well as the various regional and global offices impacting all 118 countries.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a strong data science background and experience in helping to enable and upskill both experienced data science professionals and most importantly those without formal data science training in large global markets. This will help the regions to drive and improve business results through data driven strategies. This person will create and direct a training program and support construct for all analytic solutions and users across the company.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership to enable global growth and upskilling in the use of data, data science tools and analytics
- Develop and run a global strategy to enable global growth in data science usage and skill
- Build a team and curriculum for training/teaching in data science and analytics solution development and tools. This will also include building a digital platform with proper resources, forums for discussion and other mean to deliver state of the art content globally - both live, virtual and on demand.
- Serve as a champion and spokesperson for data and analytics, enabling our teams to see the power of their story through data and providing the mentorship and support for each global team
- Build a governance forum and process to ensure the quality of data analytics. This will include building a deployment strategy balancing on demand self-deployment with proper security and access controls
- Serve as a key stakeholder in tool selection, vendor relations and tool management
- Maintain a focus on storytelling - understanding how data analytics can both tell, inform and drive improvement into the story
- Collaborate cross-functionally with every department and region in need of data driven analytics
- Build and manage support models for data and analytics solutions built by the various global teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical fields
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Math or Data Analytics preferred but not required
- Experience in building strategies in data science democratization and upskilling citizen data scientists to build their own data analytics solutions
- Extensive experience in teaching and communicating data science principles and a proven track record in recruiting a team with similar skills
- Previous corporate or consulting experience in managing analytical projects in large cross-functional organizations such as retail, restaurant or food service, CPG, financial services, etc
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and big data architecture; prior experience in partnering with IT to drive large data management initiatives
- Proficiency with data science tools like Alteryx, Microstrategy and understanding of languages like R, python and SQL
- Experience with varied data environments and data storytelling
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- Experience with regression and other supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning modeling techniques, with the ability to explain these complex principles in simple understandable language
- Experience in creating and supporting communities of excellence in analytics across global teams
- Strong people skills required to lead and inspire small teams of direct reports and consulting resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate complex issues to senior leadership