The Director Global Medical Communications will be responsible for brand and disease specific global medical communication strategies and execution in support of Vertex’s Pain program. This individual will provide oversight of the global medical communication strategic plan for assigned brand(s) and ensure cross-functional collaboration on the generation of the plans and materials. The position will report to the Senior Director, Global Medical Communications.
He/she is responsible for the development of a strategic and impactful medical communications plan including the publication plan and to develop medical communication materials, including but not limited to field medical slide decks, management presentations and frequently asked questions for assigned brand. Oversight of the publication plan (abstracts, presentations and manuscripts) will also be the responsibility of the Director, ensuring scientific integrity and balance. The Director will also need to understand the needs of healthcare community and the education gaps that are important/prioritized to address with the materials being generated.
- Oversee that the development and content of all materials are aligned to the product/disease scientific platform and work to incorporate feedback from the cross-functional review and approval team.
- Oversee the development and execution of the strategic publication plan and ensure compliance with good publication practices
- Oversee development, communicate and execute the assigned brand or disease medical communication plan
- Ensure alignment of medical communications and publications plans within the overall medical brand and development plan
- Liaise with clinical development groups to develop and maintain timely and relevant product expertise
- Plan and track all aspects of the medical communications budget, including managing vendor contracting/invoicing for assigned brand
- Perform critical analysis and synthesis of internal/external data
- Assists in the development/enhancement and implementation of policies, procedures, and processes for the department
- Manage the development and updates of the scientific platform
- Establish literature alerts and maintain current bibliographies
Qualification:REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree, doctorate level (PharmD, M.D. or Ph.D.) preferred but not required
- 5+ years of relevant Medical Communications and/or Publications experience
- Experience in launch planning and execution of launch related Medical/Medical Communications tactics• Medical Affairs Pharmaceutical Industry Experience required
- Ability to be independent, multitask and results oriented with hands-on attitude in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to think broadly about scientific communications and the impact on materials
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with internal colleagues including GMA leadership