Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a leader to manage high-performing and partner-facing teams of engineers. As a Solutions Engineering Director, you will lead the advertising industry by building new solutions and enabling partners to realize the full potential of those solutions while also leading and managing multiple global teams of Solutions Engineers. The Partnerships teams within the Business Innovation Group focus on innovation opportunities to highly complex technical challenges our clients face that require deep collaboration with third party developers and partners. You will balance building a vision and inspiring large teams of solutions engineers, influencing cross-functional stakeholders and leadership across Business, Product and Engineering organizations. This role will allow you to apply technical problem-solving, leading and consulting partners on creating and executing a business strategy, leading multiple teams of engineers, and help grow their careers.
1. Recruit, inspire and develop high performing teams that supports all businesses via Facebook family of apps & services
2. Help build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with Facebook Product Engineering Teams
3. Understand our clients’ and partners’ businesses and marketing strategies
4. Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the company and represent the function in cross-functional teams
5. Identify unique problems and unlock opportunities through bespoke technology solutions
6. Influence the roadmap and product development of Facebook Ads to meet our client's business challenges and align with Facebook's business objectives
7. Be both a technical leader and a thoughtful people manager
8. Willingness to travel 25% of the time in the future
9. Bachelor or Master in Computer Science
10. 12 or more years of experience with software engineering
11. 10 or more years of experience managing a software engineering team
12. Experience building and shipping software products
13. Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
14. Experience contributing to open source projects, shared code repositories, and/or personal projects
15. Experience with contributing to the development community (blogs, Stack Overflow, Quora, slack, etc.)
16. Experience leading multiple high performing agile development teams
17. Experience with building and advocating Developer platforms
18. Highly creative technologist with a wide range of interests and a builder mentality, continuously creating new ways to improve solutions
19. Track record of having released software, hardware, or other products to the market based on their original engineering work
20. Track record of great ideas and even better execution, experience learning and applying new technologies quickly
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.