Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes.. . and the athletes of tomorrow. We're about performance - in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world's hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House... I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! Will YOU Protect This House?!
Under Armour s vision is to be the #1 Performance Athletic Brand in the world. To help achieve this goal, we are seeking a world-class Global Payroll Leader whose focus will be to manage UA s global payroll function.
The Director of Global Payroll will be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Tax.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage and guarantee the disbursement of multi-national payroll to 15,000 + employees consistent with national and local wage laws utilizing SAP Globalview and ADP Streamline
- Continue to establish best-in-class global payroll processes and operating model that will scale with Under Armour s employee growth to reduce manual processes, simplify procedures, and drive results
- Builds and manages payroll team through active goal setting, performance management, talent development and succession planning
- Ensure policies and procedures manuals are up to date and maintained by payroll personnel
- Provide subject matter expertise for cross functional projects and include and negotiate priorities
- Ensure that our processes are compliant and oversee quarterly payroll SOX control certifications
- Sets and communicates department s vision and overall people, process, and technology strategy
- Ensure the proper processing and reporting of salary, equity, annual and one bonuses and benefits for all employees.
- Review and approve all quarterly and year-end filings (example: 941 s & W-2 s)
- Manage the preparation of relevant management reports and key performance indicators (KPIs), including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- Ensure best practice for regular audits of earnings, payroll taxes and annual reporting are performed and are effective to avoid duplicates or over/under payments
- Provide reporting and analytic support to the FP&A and Tax teams
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with Human Resources, Accounting, and other various departments to ensure alignment with corporate initiatives
Global Governance and Oversight
- Provide global payroll direction and governance to the regional payroll managers in EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Manage relationship with our global and/or regional payroll providers
Projects, Stakeholders and Vendor Management
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with all levels of the organization and communicate actively with key business partners (i.e. HR, FP&A, Accounting and Tax)
- Work closely with key clients, third-party providers, HR and others to resolve issues and drive end-to-end best practices
- Partner with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing best practices and systems
- Partner with HR to transition timekeeping to the payroll team and implement best practices for time keeping operations
- Experience managing co-sourced payroll operations with third-party vendors
- Experience with managing/leading global teams (directly or indirectly)
- Ability to quickly understand and solve operational challenges/problems
- Proven team builder/team participant
- Strong, proven management / leadership skills/and advanced analytical skills in a large global organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of global payroll processing best practices
- Extensive payroll tax experience
- Project Management
- Large global company payroll expertise
Education and/or Experience
- BS Degree in Finance / Accounting or closely related field
- Minimum of 9-15 years payroll or equivalent experience with at least 7 years in a management/leadership position in a large multinational company.
- ADP Globalview and ADP Streamline (preferred)
- Extensive experience with ERP systems, SAP (a plus)
- Advanced analytical skills Advanced Excel, Access, PPT (Microsoft Suite)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP required)
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.