Position at The Phoenix Group
The Phoenix Group (TPG), an Ingram Micro company, delivers full, custom POS and mobile POS solutions, including all equipment, devices, financing and deployment. The partnership between Ingram Micro and TPG means solution providers get a better, more efficient experience than before when purchasing and configuring POS solutions. Thanks to Ingram Micro's robust offerings and customer base, TPG partners reach a broader audience and even move to a technology as a service (TaaS) model.
We have distribution agreements with every major POS manufacturer, including VeriFone, Equinox, Ingenico, Magtek, PAX and Dejavoo. This allows us to provide a higher class of personal service to each customer we serve.
In addition to POS equipment, we also deliver mobile devices—such as iPad and Samsung Galaxy—that our competitors don't offer.
The GM at TPG will drive the business unit's overall strategic and operational direction for North America to define our presence and maximize market share. The role will hire, manage, coach and develop a high performing team of associates that design the strategy and categorize solutions across the vendor and product set, tier the solutions for different customers and provide value to delight the end-customer, reseller, and vendor.
Lead a category team to own and drive the revenue and profit for TPG and facilitate a clear channel of communication and coordination between functional counterparts. The incumbent will be responsible to identify, develop and implement effective sales strategies, plans, programs, goals, forecasts and quotas that align with the business unit's long-range strategic objectives.
- Execute the business plans and financial profitability and ongoing development and accountability for the business unit's full P&L and balance sheet.
- Develop and recommend all short and long-term objectives for the business unit and ensure alignment with corporate objectives.
- Actively partner with internal and external parties to develop and implement new product offerings, entry into new markets, strategic partnerships, acquisitions, integrations and overall business development.
- Manages business activities focusing on financial and strategic growth of organization.
- Maintain appropriate communication between the various functional areas within the business unit, supporting organizations (legal, human resources, etc.) and corporate leadership.
- Present to small and large audiences - face to face, MS Teams, phone (and other formats) in large and small settings and to various levels (i.e. buyer, C-level executive).
- Plan, prioritize and organize - highly skilled in prioritizing multiple projects/tasks, tracking and following through on activities within a customer account base.
- Explore and analyze market trends to identify and act on new opportunities.
- Lead the opportunity assessment process and identify programs, products and capabilities that are key to enabling success.
- Produce documented proposals to customers that are professional, accurate and appropriately detailed.
- Active listener to translate customer needs into solutions that Ingram Micro can offer.
- Proven leader to provide guidance, direction, support and coaching to the inside sales team members, customers and peers.
- Select, empower, coach, and retain qualified staff that contribute to business unit goals and the company at large.
- Listen, understand, coach and develop opportunities for associates.
What you bring to the role:
- BS/BA in business or related field or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years' experience and proven knowledge within payments market and vendors, technology, product or services industries - preferably as an owner or in a top leadership role.
- Previous work experience required for a new hire in this position: minimum 10 years of work experience in a business development role with large multinational organizations; minimum of 8 years of management experience.
- Detailed knowledge of the payments market, vendors, and solutions the competitive climate, how the distribution channel works and current/future trends (including economic impact on business).
- Technology -how systems, tools, components and services work together, what solutions exist as well as knowledge of up-and-coming products and services.
- Vertical Markets-how they intersect with one another and what solutions exist within those markets.
- Experience selling, negotiating and closing assigned accounts/markets/geographies, preferably in an enterprise level organization.
- Overall business knowledge: must understand how a business operates and what functions/departments need to be leveraged most when working through opportunities (i.e. Operations, marketing, finance, purchasing, sales, credit, etc.).
- Skilled in managing large scale, complex businesses along with good skill set in managing large projects.
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience consulting with clients, including identifying client needs, developing action plans, identifying deliverables, and presenting results.
- Strong oral and written interpersonal communications skills with leadership influence & negotiation ability.
- Strong negotiation skills (including negotiating price, terms, conditions and profitability of a deal).
- Demonstrated experience analyzing financial information and strong computing skills with Excel and the entire Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Multi-task, respond to rapid change, quickly grasp new concepts and programs within IM and the industry and perform duties with accuracy and strong degree of urgency.
- Thoroughly understands the industry trends of the technologies that our business unit operates in.
- Ability to travel 40% of the time and occasionally on short notice.
Located in O'Fallon, Missouri - 30 minutes outside of St. Louis
This is not a complete listing of the job duties. It's a representation of the things you will be doing, and you may not perform all these duties.
Ingram Micro believes there is no place in our society for social injustice, discrimination or racism. As a company we do not - and will not - tolerate these actions.
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.