About KinderCare Education
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award - one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers and Rainbow Child Care Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions before and after-school programs.
This role is a leading member of our Growth Finance team and broadly on the Corporate FP&A team with the mission to strategically influence business decisions, improve processes and optimize partnerships, performance, margin and growth through leveraging of data and analytics.
Primary responsibilities include leadership of KinderCare @ Work (KCAW) Sales and Account Management finance team. The team owns the partnership with our KCAW team providing financial guidance on viability of existing and new corporate partnerships, pricing strategies, sales team commissions, resource and fiscal planning.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, influence leaders, think strategically, provide excellent customer service and strong communication skills. The individual must be a team player, be willing and able to analyze data independently, capable of dealing with complex issues and should be able to present effectively at a senior level. The Director, Growth Finance - Corporate Development supervises and provides leadership to Financial Analysts and supports our Sales and Client Management leaders.
- Develop a highly engaged, highly talented and high performing team.
- Work closely in a fast-paced environment with NSC (National Support Center) partners to ensure potential KCAW opportunities are financially viable and a cultural fit.
- Perform financial analytics in support of all business decisions, continually seek market feedback to inform analytics.
- Proactively communicate to senior staff in a simple, concise and easy to consume format.
- Understand the key strategic priorities of the organization with an understanding of the "bigger picture" and perform analysis to ensure company resources are allocated efficiently in support of those priorities.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and critical thinking that can solve problems and make recommendations based on self-directed work efforts. Develop and create ad-hoc financial modeling for special projects and program development using standard investment metrics (NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Evaluate models against portfolio results to determine model reasonableness, evolving models as business evolves.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Finance or related field. MBA degree a plus
- At least 7 years of experience in a similar position with a medium to large sized multi-unit company
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis
- Experience in developing and/or the ability to understand complex financial models
- Experience in utilizing more qualitative data to inform analytical positions
- Ability to interact and develop strong working relationships inside and outside of the team and organization
- Supervisory experience and desire to develop and lead team members.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once maintaining accuracy and speed
- Positive attitude and demonstrated flexibility in re-prioritizing projects
- Strong problem solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Detail orientation with high attention to quality and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office: Outlook, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Desirable Skills: Cognos, Hyperion, MS Access, Anaplan, TM1/Cognos
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work, Champions Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools ™ , Knowledge Beginnings and The Grove School.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.