We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America -- thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, data-driven, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Growth Marketing at Vacasa
We focus on growing the number of homeowners who turn to Vacasa - whether it’s early real estate advice (buying or selling) or signing up for Vacasa’s full-service property management services. From cleaning and maintenance, to advertising and interior design, we are growing our services to ensure a bigger rental revenue boost and greater financial freedom to secondary homeowners.
The marketing team contributes to owner and company success through excellence in communicating Vacasa’s differentiated value proposition, by educating customers on the full-value of home ownership, real estate markets and rental income. We deliver compelling messages many ways, many times in traditional and innovative media to persuade owners - whether they are considering a purchase or already love their “home away from home” and excited to share the experience.
You’ll create, collaborate, and help us shape our future to grow the proptech and vacation retech market - while ensuring that future and current vacation homeowners choose Vacasa as their preferred property management partner.
What we are looking for
You are an innovative and highly-technical marketing data analyst. You will set measurable outcomes, deliver marketing performance intelligence, and design a data analytics strategy with Vacasa’s Growth Marketing team. You will manage a small team to set marketing goal parameters, track progress, and collect data up and down the purchase funnel - from awareness and consideration, to preference, lead conversion, and owner loyalty. You will also liaise with field sales to enable personal selling effectiveness by identifying opportunities for higher quality marketing leads and data-informed hand off from MQL to SQL to close.
We are looking for a savvy, scrappy marketing analyst leader to prioritize, guide, and coach entry-level data analysts to measure the performance of multi-media awareness campaigns, experiential marketing/events, direct mail (print, electronic, national/local), and new co-marketing initiatives aimed at aggressively growing second homeowners to rent their properties and choose Vacasa.
As a tech lover and data master, we need a future-forward innovator eager to test new platforms and deepen our Growth Marketing capabilities.
- Micro-targeting and micro-segmentation:Statistical analysis of semi-structured and unstructured data to allow marketers to inform creative executions against micro-targeting strategies. This helps our marketers deliver specialized messages to smaller, highly-specific owners or home owner associations (HOA) including geofencing.
- Speed and performance:From planning and promotion to execution, inform our analytics-led owner marketing approaches to increase speed and improve campaign execution with a sound multi-attribution model. To validate success, measure the effectiveness of marketing programs and help marketers understand which programs are working best.
- Real-time experimentation:From machine learning and artificial intelligence, to mobile app attribution and mobile app analytics, we are keen to better understand owner sentiment about proptech, appetite for vacation rental, and Vacasa service attributes as well as different communication habits. The big news here is that Vacasa has an appetite for scenarios and experiments tested in real-time rather than in hindsight or on an intermittent basis. As a result, we have the opportunity to immediately engage with and delight homeowners and HOAs.
You will help us put more muscle in our marketing automation platforms and content management systems, and keep us intellectually honest in selecting the right approaches to achieve aggressive brand, demand, and growth targets. Your team will own the Growth Marketing dashboards, while partnering with Vacasa’s guest, local, and digital marketing and sales teams to drive the best balance of standardization and innovation.
The insights you bring to life will allow our Growth Marketing, Sales, and Operational leadership to know what's working, what could be working better, and what we should stop doing.
There is no typical day at Vacasa but here is what it may look like:
- Collaboratewith marketing director and leadership team on most critical outcomes to measure - and createinsightful performance reportsto inform the front-end marketing approach and back-end results.
- Partner with brand team for our dependencies onmarket research, audience insights, and personas.
- Creating compelling andactionable marketing dashboards, providingdecision support analysis. Manage the tools that empower marketers to makedata-driven decisions.
- Create acampaign performance tracker(pre, mid and post analyst) to measure how much we move the needle on our awareness, lead generation and conversion goals to grow owner vacation inventory
- Recommend and scale anew multi-attribution modelfor integrated 360 campaign performance and recommended broad/targeted reach, frequency and lead management, i.e. web visits, completed forms, 1-800 inbound sales calls, content stickiness, and impact.
- Track actionable marketing and funnel metricsonline and offline(aided/unaided awareness, message testing, A/B testing, focus groups, CPA, conversion rate, MQLs, etc.)
- Query and manipulate large data setsto create insightful reports to help marketing and sales leaders make decisions. Partner with print and email marketing team to cleanse and maintain database lists.
- Understand sources of data, data extraction methodologies, and functional applications related to data flow
- Measure the effectiveness of all lead generation activities, and guide the homeowner growth, real estate, and marketing teams to improve marketing generated leads.
- Handle an array of ad hoc requests from the team, from output, to operational to outcome measure including owner sentiment, share of voice, time to revenue, value, and total cost per acquisition, QA'ing data, building custom reporting, modeling future marketing initiatives, such as customer testimonial impact, co-marketing and branded entertainment.
- Ensure we use the right measurement tools for the tactic including how to best measure video, print, email, digital and podcast performance through tagging and emerging techniques.
- Collaborating with marketers, business development, inbound/outbound sales, and systems owners to get the job done.
To ensure the team's success, here is what we'll look at in your profile:
- BS/MS in Statistics, Business, or a related field from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7-10 plus years of work experience, at least three of which were dedicated to the analysis of CRM and marketing data, including omni-channel campaign performance, lead management, reporting and dashboards
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics, SQL, Python, and data warehouse (Amazon Redshift)
- Expert with marketing automation platforms - Hubspot preferred
- Comfortable building queries across disparate data repositories to access or extract key data for analysis purposes
- Marketing agency experience
- Organized, logical, and process-oriented
- Curious and life-long learner - someone who makes us aware of data trends and targeting tools
- Super proactive - looks for and unearths innovative or optimized ways to target audiences
- Ability to prioritize and ensure Growth Marketing and sales teams keep our tools fully populated, current, and robust - driving deadlines and ensuring commitment.
A plus but not required:
- People management experience - initial team of 2 and growing
- Experience with B2B2C and/or B2C marketing organization or agency with clients in a small-medium business
- Experience in real estate, tourism, travel, rentech, retech, or proptech
- Mastery of formulas in Excel and advising on marketing spends and cost per owner acquisition to produce Marketing Generated Leads
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture