- Be an ambassador of the Ipsos brand, displaying appropriate leadership behaviors, knowledge, and research expertise including a strong developing Point of View (POV).
- With the Medtech lead, deliver the team’s financial and people performance e.g. Profit & Loss responsibility for projects and talent retention & development.
- Developing/Strengthening new/existing client relationships especially for clients one is responsible for, or is actively involved in.
- Demonstrates Client First by being proactive to initiate and drive collaboration across business units to answer client’s business issue.
- Keep abreast of important current and future trends of the industry, clients and competition and in sharing such intelligence with the Ipsos Healthcare and Medtech leadship.
- Key support to MedTech team managing the Service Line’s talent acquisition, retention, and development
Ipsos is among the world’s largest global research companies focusing on multiple industries, including healthcare. Our ambition is to make market research one of the primary means to understand contemporary society and economy. And to make Ipsos a strategic partner for those who wish to better understand the world and play an active part in it, with lasting success.
Ipsos’ Healthcare division is dedicated to understanding the motivations, behavior and influences of the multiple stakeholders driving commercial success in the healthcare industry. In doing so, it enables pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies to build successful brands and optimize their sales potential.
A global business division, Ipsos Healthcare is comprised of over 1000+ healthcare market research experts in 50 countries offering innovative custom solutions and market-leading syndicated services.
- Responsible for the actions and activities of the team (with Medtech management)
- Recruitment of junior staff
- New business generation and existing client development plans (with Medtech management)
- Problem resolution and ownership of results
- Directs complex projects and higher-value work, displaying well-developed research skills, knowledge and thought
- Generate meaningful insights from research data to add real value to the client
- Use advanced research techniques and apply them appropriately
- Demonstrate Company awareness through internal support, cross-selling and marketing and take a corporate view with new business opportunities and the relationships with existing clients (client-facing stream)
- Be an ambassador and guardian of the brand for Ipsos, displaying the appropriate knowledge and behaviors
- Significantly contribute to the strategic direction of the business area, implement agreed plans and actively support the Division and Company
- Maximize opportunities for client contact and take a lead role; measure to be set through review process (relationship building and seeking repeat and new business wins, including numerous targeted account face-to-face meetings/year)
- Challenge and mentor junior staff in research skills and their career development
- Recruit key skills and ensure operational efficiency of Department is maintained at all times
- Conduct performance reviews and design staff development plans for the team (with business area Director). Carry out appropriate performance management activities
- Deliver required team financial performance (with Medtech management)
- Keep abreast of current trends within healthcare and major Medical Device and Diagnostics companies
- Keenness to learn and proactive self-development and development of others
- Travel required
Manage the team to:
- Handle several different projects at once, ensuring time, budget and profitability requirements are met
- Produce outputs and research that are of high quality and consistent with agreed outputs
- Produce proposals that meet and where possible exceed the brief requirements
- Ensure all questionnaires facilitate strong data collection capability
- Provide accurate analysis and interpretation of data
- Liaise professional and effectively with the Operation departments to ensure we deliver what we say we will
- Working Together
- Client Focus
- Knowledge & Expertise
- Off-the-job professional development days
- Management Programs
- Workshop Facilitation
- Business Skills
- Business Generation / Selling Skills
- Manage the effective interface between the business area and Operations and Corporate functions and external suppliers
- Promote teamwork in the business area, Division and across Ipsos
- Lead by example and behavior (incorporating values) within the business area and throughout the Division
- Build strong internal and external relationships that benefit the team and Ipsos
- Behave in a manner that always displays professionalism integrity and corporate citizenship
- At least 7 years of strong Market Research Experience and good application of knowledge
- Ideally have experience in medical device and technologies, although not essential
- Solid experience in questionnaire design, table specifications and project management
- Understand and use statistical analysis
- Selling of research projects and capabilities
- Good communication skills, written and oral
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet aggressive deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills
- Good data preparation skills
- Good client service skills
- Able to build strong links with the rest of the business
- Proactive / Self-motivated
- Able to work effectively in a team and independently
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Social Science, Biological Science, Healthcare / Pharmacy, Statistics or related studies