The Instrument and Enterprise Services Division of is an organization made up businesses that provide preventative maintenance, managed services and digital productivity software and platforms in support of our customers productivity. This division is embracing digital technologies and platforms to make our customers and employees experiences smarter, faster and easier. The business division is introducing new ideas, tools and services to the market.
The Director, HR Business partner will serve as the Strategic HR liaison for two global business units and will be responsible for developing HR strategies globally and managing all aspects of Human Resources for full P&L businesses. This position will lead and manage division wide initiatives and provide functional division HR business partnerships. As the HRBP, this person will work effectively across a highly matrixed environment, engaging and aligning with business leaders, HR field teams in multiple countries, and HR centers of excellence (COE) to identify gaps and opportunities, and together develop the go-forward winning solutions for the businesses. The Director, HR Business Partner will be part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and the HR Division Leadership team. As such, the role will include supporting certain Division wide initiatives and/or clients. This Director will have up to 4 direct reports.
- Translate business strategy and objectives into goals and workforce plan in alignment with business imperatives.
- Contracts with Field Country/Region HR Leaders for generalist and employee relations support.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture. Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develop a solid strategic human resource plan to support and drive the needs of the business; including attracting, developing and retaining top talent. Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Keeps abreast of services industry trends as well as and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate global HR solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization with in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Helps guide COEs owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions. Develops robust talent management plans to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Maintains knowledge of changes in HR law and important issues which could affect the business and shares knowledge with business and HR teams.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required. A strong aptitude for business and financial topics is highly recommended.
- Eight to ten years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources and as a HR Business Partner who has supported multiple internal business clients.
- Experience in technology, services and healthcare industry highly desired.
- Experience as the lead HRBP for a full P&L business and experience supporting multiple locations
- Experience successfully operating in a decentralized, matrix organization environment. Ability to execute and influence across geographic/functional lines around the world. .
- Ability to organize detailed data into information, communicate the business story, and explain data for varying audiences
- Proven consultative HR experience, with a strong bias for action and results.
- Technically savvy, understands process workflow, and ability to use HRIS databases and Microsoft office applications and perform analysis, organize data to “tell the story” and influence business decisions.
- Ability to facilitate the processes to identify/select/develop and retain critical talent in a competitive market for talent.
- Willingness and ability to travel 30-40% of the time.