Director, Human Resources
- BioFire Defense is looking for a qualified Human Resource Director to join our team! The Human Resource Director will be responsible for managing all Human Resource functions which include recruitment, on-boarding and employee orientation, compensation research, benefits administration, employee relations, equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, personnel developmentand training; and for maintaining all Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). Advises the company on establishment and compliance with personnel policies.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of HR practices and processes.
- Give advice and counsel to executive team on HR issues.
- Establish and maintain HR policies and practices aligned with corporate objectives.
- Assess and facilitate management development and training needs.
- Make recommendations and oversee implementation of compensation programs.
- Conduct annual salary surveys, prepare annual Company compensation budget.
- Manage employee benefits and affirmative action programs.
- Oversee recruitment efforts, including writing and placement of job ads.
- Conduct new employee orientation.
- Plan and organize employee recreation and Company activities.
- Maintain employee records, including PTO, FMLA, short-term disability and other leave.
- Maintain Company’s Human Resources Policy Manual.
- Maintain Company directory and organization charts.
- Manage employee relations programs, provide counseling, address employee grievances, and interpretation of Company policies.
- Oversee and advise on all HR related corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Oversee employee terminations and conduct exit interviews.
- Works closely with VP of Security to ensure compliance with Company security policies and procedures.
- Perform work in compliance with Company policy and the Quality Management System.
Training and Education:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- PHR/SPHR or related professional certification desired.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Human Resources, preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal and State employment law, including EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage and Hour, Health and Safety, and FMLA.
- Active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Well organized with advanced computer skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS.
Benefits and Compensation:
- We offer competitive salaries
- Vacation/holiday pay
- Medical benefits
- Stimulating work environment
Please click on “Apply Now” to send your resume
To learn more visit us at:
BioFire Defense, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioFire Defenses’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (801) 262-3592 or by email at email@example.com.
Director of Human Resources