- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years of progressive Human Resources experience. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated and progressive experience working as a Human
- Resources Director preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Preferred background working in a complex and matrixed environment.
- Strong ability to communicate in both written and verbal forms.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team‐oriented work environment.
- Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Administrator, Human Resources, and requiring independent judgment, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for all facets of human resources, including but not limited to: development and administration of human resource policies, programs and practices, benefits, compensation, employee/labor relations, performance management, training, compliance, and safety for Keck Medicine of USC’s system departments (Finance, IT, Strategy and Business Development, etc.). The Director of Human Resources provides leadership in key business and planning processes to support the growth and development of the organization as a dynamic, effective organization in line with the vision, values and strategic plan of Keck Medicine of USC.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:https://wd5.myworkday.com/usc/d/inst/1$9925/9925$31817.htmld