Headquartered conveniently in the thriving metropolis of Denton, TX, Sally Beauty Holdings is the world’s leader in both wholesale and retail distribution of beauty supplies. Join us, as we invite applications for a Director Industrial Engineering. Our team is seeking an innovative and leader to support various processes across the domestic and international Distribution networks. This is a unique opportunity to join a fiscally sound retailer who is going through an exciting transformation!
This individual will establish engineering methods to increase efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing the use of people, process, and technology to achieve service excellence and execution. Oversee and Coordinate the installation of Material Handling and Distribution System upgrades. Oversee the activities of any personnel on the Engineering team.
“At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us.”
- Establish formal Engineering Methods program that can be developed for facilities across all SBH businesses in both domestic and international markets.
- Analyzes and develops standards, time and motion studies, statistical analysis and manpower planning to improve productivity and service level.
- Develop and or improve work methods, processes, ergonomic workstation designs and documented process methods.
- Recommend methods form improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials, such as reorganizing workflow, relocating equipment, and restructuring job duties.
- Determine the most efficient sequencing of operations, workflow, and recommend methods to maximize asset utilization of production equipment and personnel.
- Responsible for investigating problems, generating recommendations, and implementing solutions based on the use of analytical tools.
- Adjust and revitalize work standards, procedures, and layouts as needed to reflect business changes or service enhancements.
- Direct others in the activities related to the Industrial Engineering needs of the company.
- Special Projects as assigned for business acquisitions, facility start-ups, international integration, and network consolidation.
- BS Industrial Engineering or related degree from accredited school, a Masters Degree in Engineering or Business is a plus
- 5-7 year’s experience in high volume Distribution Center Environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Experience with AutoCAD to develop facility layouts
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Distribution Centers both Domestic and International
- Practical experience with a Warehouse Management System including inquiry and report writing.
- Excellent oral skills including oral presentations in front of large warehouse groups
- Written communication skills including financial and operational reports
- Good working knowledge of all classical IE techniques including methods improvement, time and motion study, process development, warehousing concepts, and work standard programs
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, task and detail oriented, ability to communicate with all levels of organization, and work as a team player
- Plan and complete projects with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet cafe.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
- Flexible Schedules