About the role
Zillow Group is looking for a strategic, inventive, collaborative and patient person to act as a liaison between the agent and brokerage community and Zillow Group. In this role, you would monitor brand mentions in the social media space and real estate blogs as well as through traditional mainstream media platforms—and respond to those mentions when appropriate. You would also build and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships in the real estate industry space—attending events across the country on behalf of Zillow Group and helping build ZG’s communications strategy based on your knowledge.
Within Zillow Group, you would be one of the primary contacts for developers, product teams and the sales group to help them understand the needs, wants and dreams of the brokerage and agent communities. This role is critical in helping to define product direction and messaging around new products and features that are broker/agent focused.
The ability to help develop dedicated and reactive messaging around Zillow Group’s products, goals and missions is essential, and that messaging needs to be able to be tailored to specific groups while maintaining the goals and meaning of overall brand messaging is needed.
About the team
Zillow Group’s PR & Communications team is comprised of a mix of PR and Communications pros who are working together to grow Zillow Group’s brand awareness through both enthusiastic and reactive media relations.
The Director of Industry Outreach will report to the Director of Industry Relations under the VP of Communications and Public Affairs and work side-by-side with rest of the communications and PR team. This person will often work cross-functionally with marketing, design, product groups, and learning & development organizations.
- In coordination with the team, develop and implement outreach and social strategy for Zillow Group as the company grows.
- Actively monitor and participate in real estate related Facebook groups and other online forums. Effective relationship building is critical in this role.
- Be the voice and face of Zillow Group in social media communities and groups.
- Exercise perseverance with dissenting agents and brokers, while maintaining professionalism and consistent message delivery.
- Handle and help lead and administrate various Zillow Group communities focused on Premier Agents.
- Actively participate in product and feature development to provide insight and the voice of the agent/broker community.
- Teach internal “Real Estate 101” classes to Zillow Group employees across the country.
- Serve as Zillow Group industry voice at various events-- emphasizing and focusing on Zillow Group’s mission, goals and products at local, state and national real estate conferences and events.
- Attend local, state and national events and represent Zillow Group in an effective and professional manor.
Who you are
- A strategic thinker who has your eye on a long term vision.
- Someone who works reciprocally with others to create and execute on a long-term strategic plan.
- Someone with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone who understands the social media space and wants to build on ZG’s successes.
- Patient and measured-- able to respond to the same questions and concerns repeatedly and with enthusiasm.
- Ability to respond to dissenting voices in a professional and courteous manner.
- Able to wade into sometimes hostile discussion while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic, but with ability to quickly shift into reactive mode when needed.
- Self-starter and able to work at times with little direct supervision.
- A great teammate.
Your skills and background
- 8 – 10 years in real estate sales / brokerage and/or title experience is strongly preferred. Active real estate license preferred, but not required. National Association of Realtors membership preferred but not required.
- Experience establishing, building and administering on-line communities is a plus.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of key social media platforms.
- Ability to take “corporate speak” PR messaging and convert that to a personal voice without losing the key points of the messaging. In other words, the ability to personalize and humanize important messaging and objectives.
- BA/BS in Business, English, journalism, communications or related field is preferred.
- Public speaking and teaching experience strongly preferred.
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We support one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.