What does a great Director International Tax do?
The Director International Tax will handle U.S. tax reporting for foreign operations as part of the U.S. Consolidated Federal Income Tax Return (Form 1120). This position reports to the VP Global Tax Operations as part of a collaborative and growing tax department.
In this role, you can expect to:
- This individual will coordinate Forms 5471 for approximately 70 CFC’s.
- The candidate will also arrange Forms 8858 for approximately 30 foreign disregarded entities Form 8865 U.S. foreign tax credit Form 1118 and related calculations under Sections 901 and 902, including collecting and organizing foreign tax receipts, computing foreign source income under Section 904, and Subpart F inclusions.
- The work will include compliance for the federal income tax return, quarterly estimates, and extensions.
- The individual will also track E&P and tax pools for Section 902 foreign tax credit and Section 78 gross-up for repatriated earnings and Subpart F income.
- The responsibilities include calculating Section 987 gain or loss for QBU remittances.
- The position will also participate in the quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax provision process.
This candidate will also provide support for ongoing (but current) IRS examinations, assist with international planning/restructuring, handle U.S. tax treaty certifications, advise on withholding tax rates, and respond to inquiries from business divisions.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA or Masters Degree is desirable
- 7+ years in taxation with a focus on international compliance
- Big 4 Public Accounting experience or Fortune 500 multi -national company experience
- Background in federal and state income taxation
- Knowledge of Accounting for Income Taxes (ASC 740), Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48), and Sec 404 of Sarbanes Oxley
- Advanced Excel skills including V-Lookup and Pivot Tables
- Experience extracting data from general ledger systems such as Oracle
- Experience with tax compliance software: OneSource (Thomson Reuters), Corptax, including electronic filing with the IRS and OneSource Tax Provision
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Experience with HFM is a plus
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- On Site Cafeteria
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Donation-Matching Program
- Military Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays