Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The International Trade Compliance Director shall be responsible for managing all aspects of the International Trade Compliance activities for Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures Business Unit (which includes sites in France, Mexico, Singapore, China, and the UK). Establishes complex and regional trade compliance policies, oversees controls, and investigates and recommends solutions for complex compliance problems. Executes operational and business processes, establishes relationships with relevant authorities, and develops deep knowledge of trade compliance law in different countries.
- Leads and directs a team of experienced professionals in establishing and ensuring compliance in different countries.
- Manage business unit agreement and license activity (both ITAR and EAR) including preparation, application and post approval management phases.
- Establishes and compiles broad international trade compliance records processes in accordance with regional regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance.
- Thorough understanding of the Commodity Control List (CCL) contained in the EAR and the United States Munitions List (USML) contained in the ITAR.
- Manage import compliance program.
- Manage site self-assessments and ACE activity. Proven effective utilization of ACE tools to drive process improvement.
- Manage business unit facility security and technology control plan requirements.
- Manage business unit technology classification and export authorization requirements.
- Evaluates, revises, and installs comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regional regulatory agencies in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
- Investigates and recommends solutions for the most complex and broad compliance problems, questions, or complaints to support the law department and a broader scope of departments.
- Develops performance metrics for international export and import processes to ensure that they comply with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Acts as consultant and trusted adviser to internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs to protect the organization’s legal and business interests.
- Develops and executes the operational plan and processes for assuring trade compliance at the regional level through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments.
- Defines and executes business strategy for submitting to and obtaining from the local government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with appropriate government regulatory agencies.
- Develops and manages comprehensive internal export and import controls to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities.
- Establishes business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications and technology release determinations.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Includes (non-engineering) technical experts who support law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions or complaints.
- Establishes and maintains training and audit / assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 10 years of prior relevant experience
SAP experience is highly preferred.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
- United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
- Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that Collins Aerospace never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms