At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infection. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 96 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Help lead our growth as a global company with a focus on setting the right trajectory for technology, individual and team productivity, and infrastructure to accelerate our product development and commercial activities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Architect, build and operate infrastructure critical to keeping up with our rapid pace of R&D product development and manufacturing across a global footprint.
- Build and manage a team of talented architects and systems, networking, storage, and cloud engineers.
- Build a global team of support professionals who focus on end-user needs and productivity, and drive towards high levels of internal customer satisfaction.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE
- 7+ years managing compute infrastructure including server virtualization, networking, enterprise storage and backup, provisioning and management automation, monitoring, and datacenter design and management.
- Strong emphasis on Linux environments and system administration is a must.
- Experience managing corporate IT including mixed Windows and Mac environments, Active Directory, and integration with SaaS applications.
- Experience managing web scale operations based on private infrastructure and public IaaS clouds such as AWS, Azure, and GCE.
- Background in biology and DNA sequencing is not required. Enthusiasm for a broad range of technology fields is.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree is preferred.
ABOUT 10x GENOMICS
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.