A Wiss & Company client located in Mercer County, NJ is seeking a Director, Litigation Support and Forensic Accounting to join their growing accounting and advisory practice.
- Oversee multiple client projects for implementation of consulting and testimony on economic damages and investigations
- Serve as a witness, presenting options using subject matter expertise and applying comprehensive understanding of the issues likely to arise in specific practice areas
- Provide consulting advice and testimony in complex accounting, investigative and litigation matters for counsel representing senior management, Board of Directors, Audit Committees and Corporate Counsel
- Consult with clients, preparing loss profiUwages calculations, evaluating insurance policies and writing narratives to support positions and claims
- Coordinate Litigation professionals to assist in supporting outside counsel and general counsel on large scale Litigation matters
- Partner with Computer Forensic Services professionals to identify, collect, preserve, analyze and present electronic evidence
- Manage teams to complete analysis of small and large data sets to support the execution of service offerings to include fraud investigations, fraud prevention programs, contract disputes, economic damages assessments and other litigation matters
- Interacts with high level client personnel and attorneys, as well as Federal, state and local government agencies
- Participate in depositions of fact witnesses and expert witnesses to assist counsel with questioning
- Manage day-to-day project activities; establish appropriate leverage on project teams and assign/manage project responsibilities to team members
- Engagements might include program and project management, regulatory and contractual compliance consulting, risk assessments, valuation advisory services, and fraud investigations
- Assist in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Forensics & Valuation Services framework within the practice
- Assist in preparation of proposals and sales presentations
- Supervise staff, review deliverables, and manage budgets
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Economics, Finance, or other relevant field required
- 15+ years of public accounting, internal audit, or forensic accounting experience
- Must hold CPA license
- CFE, CFF, CVA, and/or ABV preferred
- MBA, CIRA, CIA, and/or JD a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a unique client needs driven practice
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer software applications
- Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in written format. A strong command of the English language and grammar is necessary
- Ability to encourage team environment on engagements and contribute to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Executive presence and ability to act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Advanced knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley Act, GAAP, GAAS and SEC regulations, along with operational and compliance auditing a plus
- Flexibility to travel to client site as needed and ability to work beyond core business hours
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is for a Wiss & Company client. By clicking on the Apply button, you will be redirected to Wiss and Company’s career site. After submitting your information, it will be redirected to the Hiring Manager for this role. Only those candidates that match the specifications of this job will be contacted.
To all staffing agencies: Wiss will not be utilizing agencies for this particular position. Please do not forward resumes to Wiss employees at any of our locations. Any recruiter who would like to partner with Wiss & Company on future positions must have an updated contractual agreement. Please be reminded, Wiss is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes will become the property of Wiss & Company LLP.