1. Serves as a key support liaison between the Amazon Customer Service Team at the Client Researches, develops and formalizes strategic operational plans that effect the distribution and transfer of products and services to customers.
2. Develops, interprets and implements policies and procedures on operations methods, processes, equipment and facilities in light of current operational needs and future strategic objectives; partners with Six Sigma Team on operational initiatives.
3. Responsible for recruiting, training, leading and developing succession planning for General Managers; provides direct coaching, facilitates OMU classes and participates in teammate assessments.
4. Manages the administration, customer service, inventory management, warehousing and transportation functions to effect the most efficient management of company assets, while attaining targeted service levels.
5. Responsible for ensuring consistent teammate supervision, hiring, coaching, development, and termination practices. Partners with HR Services as needed to ensure adherence to all Human Resource policies and procedures as well as developing programs that support both current and future business goals.
6. Establishes and promotes the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions and recommends measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accidents and health hazards. Coordinates Loss Prevention Programs as directed by Corporate to include inspections, accident investigation and record keeping. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met regarding scheduled drugs, hazardous material, dating merchandise, storage requirements and reporting agencies to include DOL, DEA, FDA and others.
7. Interfaces with area sales team, manufacturer representatives and customers as required to resolve issues relating to product quality, availability and delivery schedules. Provides customer interface in regards to new services/programs and problem resolution.
8. Manages and initiates special projects in conjunction with the Home Office to enhance productivity and improve quality performance; serves as an active member of Six Sigma teams.
9. Oversees the training of office and warehouse personnel in new systems/procedures including new hires, as well as refresher training and cross-training of existing personnel; conducts in-house training both locally and through Owens & Minor University.
10. Evaluates/coordinates capital equipment purchases and coordinates Capital Expenditure Requests.
11. Administers/monitors approved accounting practices to ensure financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations. Ensures all practices and procedures comply with audit requirements and meet operational standards.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional duties as directed.