- Ensure that department goals are aligned with PM Management's goals and priorities. Ensure development and effective implementation of brand objectives and strategies, including managed markets and launch readiness Oversee development of tactical plans (sales/promotional tools, convention/symposia, PR/media, web strategy, market research, launch planning etc.) to ensure attainment of annual goals. Deploy department resources to ensure that financial and operational objectives are met, while ensuring that corporate standards of excellence, company policies, compliance and ethical business practices are upheld by members of the Department. Develop annual objectives and budgets.
- Create a performance based culture with clear accountability and a sense of urgency for achieving results. Lead the creation and/or management of (recruit, hire, coach, develop, motivate, manage and monitor performance) a staff of management and/or professionals in PM competencies and department specific knowledge, process and skills including understanding the market, development of brand positioning, messaging, etc. This includes setting job expectations, providing regular feedback, conducting timely Max Plan reviews, identifying performance challenges, creating action plans and monitoring the effectiveness of those action plans. Complete Career Planning and competency assessment to ensure professional development of department members.
- Ensure continuous review of product and market performance, competitive intelligence, field force capacity and needs, market research to identify key growth opportunities and hurdles facing the brand; ensure development of appropriate action and contingency plans. Continuously look to identify process improvements and other efficiencies within the function and lead the implementation of identified improvements.
- Forecast and monitor Gross and Net Sales for the brand - conduct channel and payer assessment in line with managed markets strategy to ensure brand contributions are in line with corporate expectations. For launched products meet financial targets for the brand including net sales, discounts and market share.
- Manage relationship effectively with co-marketing partner/team, if applicable, to ensure clear communication and aligned execution of brand strategies and tactics. Represent the brand with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure appropriate strategic direction is communicated to and executed by external agencies.
- Chair/lead cross-functional teams involving Marketing, Sales, Managed, Markets, DRA, Legal, Medical, PR, actively soliciting team expertise and input in the development and execution of brand strategies. Co-lead the Product Team with Medical.
- Develop and monitor DP and sample allocations and expenditures.
- Develop, coordinate and execute annual business and brand plans as per schedule.
- Develop, coordinate and execute Phase IV and Life Cycle Management Plans to optimize brand's long-term commercial value.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; MBA from an accredited institution preferred.
- Ten (10) years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including six (6) years US pharmaceutical marketing experience or other relevant experience.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- History of successful performance.
- Proficiency in MSOffice, Outlook and database applications.
- Ability to travel (may include overnight travel).
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g. EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management.
- Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to main BIPI’s excellent reputation within the medical and pharmaceutical community.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities:
- Experience working directly with digital partners to develop and execute initiatives strongly preferred (e.g. Google, third party media providers, social media community platforms, etc.)
- Experience in guiding and integrating digital analytics and driving metrics based optimization strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s top 20 pharmaceutical companies and operates globally with approximately 50,000 employees. Since our founding in 1885, the company has remained family-owned and today we are committed to creating value through innovation in three business areas including human pharmaceuticals, animal health and biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing. Since we are privately held, we have the ability to take an innovative, long-term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries and the introduction of truly novel medicines that improve lives and provide valuable services and support to patients and their families. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. We are also deeply committed to our communities and our employees create and engage in programs that strengthen the neighborhoods where we live and work. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA, Inc., Merial Barceloneta, LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status, including protected veteran status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers. As part of that commitment, Boehringer Ingelheim conducts pre-employment verifications and drug screenings.