The LSU Healthcare Network is a non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system dedicated to patient care, research and education. It is the faculty practice component of LSU Health New Orleans. Comprised of members from LSU Health Sciences Center. You can be a part of a progressive healthcare team making a meaningful difference in the care of patients. We have positions in a variety of fields
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts receivable, general ledger and financial reports
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Manage accounting software and ability to work in various systems to upload and download files, order items and pay invoices
- Work with vendors to ensure best pricing, efficient ordering, receiving and invoice processing
- Manage general ledger accounting functions including recording revenue and payroll from outside systems and ensuring correct cost center coding
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships
- Manage cash flow and perform banking transactions such as wire transfers and account transfers
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end and tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Multi-site/department operations or medical experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, problem solver.