• In collaboration with functional leaders, develops the overall strategy for cost accounting.
• Manages the accuracy of month-end close tasks including all related journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, financial flux, key judgements, internal controls and management reporting.
• Identifies the need for new/updated policies, technical accounting memos, SOPs and internal controls.
• Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures with respect to inventory and inventory related accounts.
• Provides technical guidance, mentoring, and ensures consistent application of cost accounting principles.
• Collaborates with supply chain leaders to develop appropriate cost accounting strategies for capturing supplier reconciliations, production schedules, contracts, inventory movements and related matters.
• Champions and oversees research on cost accounting questions and special projects.
• Delivers presentations to senior / cross functional teams.
• Ensures global operational processes and transactional activities balance both business and financial needs.
• Mobilizes resources needed to address business needs.
• Oversees the deliverables for quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by internal and external auditors.
• Driving process/ systems improvement initiatives.
• Serves as management sponsor for cross-functional projects and process enhancements.
• Oversees preparation of key ad-hoc reporting and analysis requested by senior leadership.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or related discipline.
• 10+ years of experience in a corporate finance/accounting department with a strong understanding of manufacturing in a global environment, ideally within life science, pharma or biotech
• Supervisory experience required
• Comprehensive and strategic understanding of manufacturing related accounting principles.
• Advanced Excel skills and experience with Oracle or similar ERP systems
• Life science, pharma or related industry experience preferred
• Experience in leading highly complex projects that cross multiple functions
• Demonstrated ability to frame and communicate complex technical analyses or initiatives to a variety of technical or non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to transform functional strategy into operational goals and objectives for assigned team members.
COMP: Compelling Base + Bonus + Equity; strong benefits with remote working and flexible hybrid working available
For more details please send a resume directly to Kent Wrobleski via email: email@example.com
173,647.00 - 206,416.00 /yearWhat is this?