What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
We are currently seeking an experienced Engage Life Director / Activity Director to join our team at Atria Greenridge Place in Rocky Hill, CT. The primary job function of the Engage Life Director is to create and run a great recreational program for our residents. We are looking for a high energy, dynamic person to fulfill one of the most essential positions in our company. Our Senior Residents are active and want to be engaged every day in a diverse program.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
Develops and implements programs of interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations. Manages and supervises the Engage Life Program Instructors (ELPI), volunteers, and drivers (where applicable).
- Manages the Atria Resident Discovery tool (ARD), including completing Learn.Do.Try. (LDT) surveys, monthly event calendar, and all move in actions related to Engage Life for all residents.
- Researches, evaluates, approves, develops and modifies community events and programs, according to resident interests and “8 Dimensions of Engagement”.
- Prepares and publishes an engaging and creative monthly program calendar which incorporates the communities’ events and programs by the 1st of every month (ex. December calendar due Nov 1).
- Manages all aspects of the Engage Life program.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Contributes to community growth by participating in sales activities.
- Engages in community public relations including collaboration with corporate public relations and preparation of local positive publicity stories.
- Manages departmental needs and goals within department budgets.
- Recruits, researches, and approves schedules and supervises programs leaders, general contractor entertainers, volunteers, religious professionals and vendors.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Active Aging and Transportation personnel including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Serves as the community’s “manager-on-duty” on a regular basis.
- Determine and manage community resident transportation operation, including scheduling of outside events and similar operational decisions.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- Recruits, approves, trains and manages volunteers where applicable.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; one to two years related experience and/or training.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word. Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Solid performance management skills, including the ability to communicate performance expectations, document performance conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete performance management expectations as guided by the company.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and goals for the community.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to effectively utilize technology including use of computers, iPad/Tablet use, Word programming, internet access, email, and social media.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.
Activity Director, activities, Recreation, Life Enrichment, Activities Director, Director of Activities, Director of Life Enrichment, Activity Specialist, Recreation Therapist, Recreation, Activities Coordinator, Programming Director, Director of Recreation, Life Enrichment, Reminiscence Director, Lifestyle Director, Recreation Therapy / Therapist, NCAP, Adult Education, Director of Resident Services, Fitness, Events, Outings, Life Enhancement, Adult Education, Activity Planner, Community Organizer, Events Planner, Coach, Event Coordinator, Program Director, Recreation Specialist, Director of Entertainment, Seniors, Geriatric, Assisted Living, Senior Living, Retirement, Development, Outings, Newsletter, Community, Drive, Plan, Culture, Arts, Entertainment, Music, Residents, Birthdays, Celebrate, Holidays