Qdoba is located in San Diego and is a large multi-unit restaurant company with restaurants throughout the country. Our culture is high energy, driven and a fun environment with people focused on growing the company. Our three pillars are Positivity, Hospitality and Performance. We are led by a very high energy leadership team with significant experience in the restaurant industry.
The job is located in San Diego.
Mission of Data Analytics Team
We are leading the company in an Enterprise Data Transformational Strategy to turn Qdoba into a “data driven leader” leading in innovative ways to leverage analytics methods to drive business performance and provide business leaders with actionable insights. We are beginning the journey and many opportunities exist for high energy driven data professionals.
The successful candidate will thrive on digging into data to uncover actionable insights. Responsible for supporting our leadership, product, sales, operations, supply chain and marketing teams with insights that drive business results gained from analyzing company data. Also, business and analytical skills will be applied to translate business metrics and data sets into trends and actionable information for management as well as responsible for discovering insights hidden in large data sets that identify an opportunity for competitive advantage and developing those insights into actionable business strategies that improve company sales and profitability.
- Partner with internal customers and executive leaders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions. Work closely with the different functional teams to gather requirements, design and build analytics / BI and implement business solutions as well as monitor outcomes.
- Solve challenging analytical problems, which requires working with large and complex data sets and performing exploratory and targeted data analyses along with statistical modeling to identify patterns and trends in data sets to use towards developing actionable insights to guide data-driven decision making.
- Allocate analytical resources to Qdoba’s largest business initiatives and senior management’s most pressing needs.
- Measure the impact and effectiveness of strategies and initiatives by applying analytical techniques as well as ROI calculations.
- Design and build business dashboards in Power BI; deploy to the business and provide the necessary training.
- Foster an environment of self-service BI in the business; building analytical solutions to assist the business get to answers faster by leveraging data.
- Partner with the IT department in the continued development of the EDW.
- Report on analytics findings to senior leadership to inform key business decisions and translate data analytics outcomes into clear visualizations understandable by the business.
- Manage, mentor and inspire a high performing collaborative team of data analytics professionals.
- Work alongside database engineers to translate business requirements into database specifications.
Education - Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or another quantitative field is required. A master’s degree with emphasis in data science or business analytics is preferred.
Experience – Minimum of 7 - 10 years of data analytics and BI experience, preferably in a national multi-unit restaurant corporation, hospitality company or a consumer products environment including regular interaction with high-level executives. Management experience is required.
- Intellectual curiosity to solve business problems and understand the root cause of business performance by leveraging analytical methods and large amounts of data.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills and an ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast-paced company.
- Talent in analytical storytelling with extraordinary ability to convey complex analytical results to the business; skill at building relationships across the organization and becoming a trusted, sought-after partner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and must be comfortable presenting in front of the executive leadership team on a regular basis.
- Strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Candidate should have advanced experience using the following: Power BI, Alteryx, database query languages (Sql), R and Python.
- Candidate should have knowledge of Tableau, machine learning techniques (clustering, decision trees, Random Forest, Boosting, XGBoost, etc.), advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, statistical tests, hypothesis testing).