The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is searching for San Diego's best Director of Bars & Entertainment for Hard Rock's two entertainment venues, Float and 207. Are you a nightlife/daylife executive with incredible talent and leadership? Are your skills legendary? Do you possess the innate knack for connecting with staff and customers, the business acumen to produce great profits and the curiosity to try new things in order to continually make it better than it was before? Join us in leading an amazing team, strategizing and developing ways to optimize operations for the fast & friendly delivery of high quality entertainment, nightlife and daylife.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a full-service Nightclub/Director of Bars & Entertainment
- High volume nightlife and catering experience ideally in a hotel environment. Ability to drive revenue, manage expenses and drive culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inherent ability to coach and lead others
- A passion for guest service and food
- Ability to attract and keep patrons
- Food & beverage financial acumen
- Understand and follow compliance with Health and Safety codes
- Offers promotional and sales experience
- Experience with booking, creating and executing events
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment
- Ability to hire, train and motivate nightclub/bar staff
- Ability to work well with others including staff, management, vendors and guests
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to make timely and competent decisions
- Available for a flexible work schedule that includes evenings and weekends
Other Requirements and Characteristics:
- The work requires some physical exertion with long periods of sitting, standing and walking; limited bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; occasional lifting/moving of items up to 50 pounds.
Are you ready to step behind the velvet ropes? We look forward to having an opportunity to get to know you as well. Equal Opportunity Employer
Hard Rock Bars - Director of Bars & Entertainment
San Diego's anti-elitist, democratic ways cater to all turn-ons. So does the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego's Nightlife/Daylife Department. 207, a laid back den of glamour located off the hotel lobby, exudes a more casual atmosphere for conversation over cocktails, catching a game on flat screen TVs or listening to tunes spun by the hottest area DJs. The dramatic bar is accented with black leather, complimented by white crocodile padded bar stools. Oversized crystal chandeliers infuse sexiness to 207's interior. The venue also features a sprawling outdoor terrace. The ambiance at Float, the dramatic rooftop bar and lounge overlooking the Gaslamp Quarter, transforms throughout the day. A stylish oasis in the afternoon evolves into a vibrant evening nightspot. Private poolside cabanas feature lounge seating, flat screen TV's and mini bars. Sectional seating and opium beds flank the lounge's fire pits.
Rock is Irreverent. And so are we. We’re not about proper. Or correct. Not about convention, conformity or tradition. We like to turn it up – especially when the world tells us to turn it down. This is a come-as-you-are sort of place. No BS. No pretense. The same is true for our service: We’ve just rewritten the rules from the bottom up. It’s not what you would expect −It’s a hell of a lot more. Authentic, passionate, irreverent, unpredictable and democratic: Yes, it’s Hard Rock, but you could just as easily be describing San Diego.
Every service and experience is authentic; we genuinely want to serve the guests that stay with us. We serve from the heart. An entourage of staff hell-bent on delivering the kind of experience guests will talk about. And wherever you go, whatever you do, the music will follow.
About Hard Rock Hotel San Diego: As authentic, passionate, irreverent and unpredictable as music itself. Backstage, green rooms and red carpets. Working at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is not quite like working at a vanilla hotel. Hard Rock's team is as passionate and authentic as rock itself. Our mission is to serve from the heart: An entourage of staff hell-bent on working with the best, being the best, and delivering an experience guests will actually want to talk about. After all, this is Hard Rock and the ordinary and staid will not do.