New York, NY, US, 10019
Job ID: 143300
The CRH Building Solutions team was created to leverage CRH’s breadth of products and geographic reach with strategic customers and on large, targeted projects while also raising awareness for the CRH brand. The mission of CRH Building Solutions is to partner with product group sales teams to become engaged earlier in the life cycle of a project, influencing product selection by effectively positioning CRH's offerings to the benefit of owners, developers, design/build firms, subcontractors, and architectural/engineering customers. This role covers New York City, New Jersey, and Long Island.
To identify and develop key partnerships with targeted commercial developers, architectural firms and construction management companies (“Strategic Accounts”) in the greater NYC area that would benefit from the unique CRH products and services portfolio. Leverage strong relationships within the large commercial construction community to proactively find sales opportunities and drive these advantaged leads through the appropriate CRH divisions.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the CRH products and services to identify those Strategic accounts and related projects that have the potential to use our products.
- Develop an expertise of strategic account processes (e.g. business development, project management), economics, and needs and communicate to internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Build an internal network by establishing a trusting relationship with key divisional decision makers and sales professionals within the local CRH business units.
- Develop C-level partnerships with Strategic Accounts and educate that team on the value of early CRH involvement on significant commercial construction projects.
- Take a proactive approach to determine what significant commercial projects are coming down the pipeline that could offer opportunity for one or more CRH divisions to offer products and services.
- Offer insight to Strategic Accounts on the ability of CRH to develop distinctive, project/customer specific offerings to further strengthen partnerships.
- Deep understanding, hands-on knowledge and appreciation of developer, architect/engineer, and contractor economics, processes and needs.
- Ability and experience navigating at the C-level.
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal relationships.
- Ability to independently analyze developer/contractor and architect/engineer strategies and needs to articulate supplier value proposition.
- Comfort with working across a large range of products and having the poise to know when to call on the internal CRH network for assistance.
- Strong influencing skills; ability to drive results and revenue in a matrix environment as an influencer, not ultimate decision maker, on customer transactions.
- Customer Focus – Devoted to meeting requirements of internal and external customers.
- Problem Solving – Uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
- Business Acumen – Knowledgeable in current and future construction practices, trends, technology, and information affecting the industry.
- Builds Effective Teams – Ability to blend people into purposefully organized teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business, Architecture or related field or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years working as a leader at a large general contractor, builder, architecture firm or developer.
- 5+ years of experience in Construction Management, Estimating, Bid Development or related field.
- Recent experience as a Project Manager, Business Development Leader or Estimator.
- LEED certification, BIM Project Management experience a plus.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this .
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Business Development, Manager, Engineer, Architectural Engineering, Sales, Management, Engineering