Director of Business DevelopmentMetrostudy, a Hanley Wood Company, is currently seeking a Director of Business Development. The Director of Business Development will be responsible for generating new business representing Metrostudy’s Membership Services including an online platform and a mobile iPad app. In addition, this individual will work collaboratively with Metrostudy’s Regional Directors to drive the Metrostudy brand in the local markets by becoming an active participant in the home building, land development & supporting financial service industries. Knowledge of the residential housing and development industry players, key projects/developments within the industry, and local real estate industry associations is highly valued but not required.
Major Job Responsibilities and Related Duties:
- Generate new business selling Metrostudy’s Membership Services and Zonda mobile platform to homebuilders, residential & commercial retail developers, financial institutions, real estate investment banking firms, cities and redevelopment agencies throughout the territory
- Develop and execute on a sales plan for the territory
- Generate 9 face‐to‐face appointments each week and maintain all meeting & pipeline information in Salesforce.com
- Generate qualifying leads and drive the full sales cycle from introductory calls to closing deals
- Schedule and perform in person and web demonstrations
- Embrace new technology, and strong proficiency with multiple technology platforms (PC, mobile devices, online apps, etc.)
- Travel within your territory & industry conventions to close prospects
Qualified Candidates Will Possess:
- 4+ years of experience in a related digital/data services business development/outside sales role
- Previous experience in a SaaS environment with focus on user acquisition
- Success in this role will call for a hunter mentality, a quick learner, independent mindset, and be high energy/aggressive ‐ day in day out (constant sense of urgency)
- Strong prospecting, presentation, and closing skills
- Experience and desire to manage the entire sales process which includes prospecting, needs analysis, and closing; drive to acquire new business will be key
- Ability to close business accounts and face frequent resistance and opposition from key decision makers
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com (or other CRM platform) is required
- Ability to learn and develop proficiency in new skills quickly
- Goal‐oriented sales approach; be able to provide a proven track record of meeting quarterly and annual goals
- Be able to consult with and close business with multiple decision makers
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is constantly changing and updating in order to be on the leading edge of technology
- Ability to travel within defined sales territory
About Metrostudy | Meyers Research:
Metrostudy | Meyers Research is a Hanley Wood company and is the leading provider of primary and secondary market information to the housing and related industries nationwide. Metrostudy | Meyers Research provides research, data, analytics and consulting services to help builders, developers, lenders, suppliers, retailers, utilities and others make investment and business decisions every day.
You owe it to yourself to work for a dynamic company. Employee satisfaction is important to us, so we provide competitive compensation with a dynamic workplace setting.
If you meet the required skills and qualifications and want to learn more, apply online at www.hanleywood.com/careers.
Follow Hanley Wood/Metrostudy on Social Media:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hanleywood
- Twitter: @hanleywoodHR
- Instagram: @hanleywoodcareers
Hanley Wood/Metrostudy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.