- Manage and increase facility census/occupancy in a specified facility location by conducting Transition of Care Meetings with patients and families at assigned hospital(s). Educate potential residents/patients and families regarding facility services offered. Conduct physical assessment and/or screening of potential residents.
- Establish and develop relationships with care coordinators, discharge planners, social workers and attending physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts Transition of Care Meetings with patients and their family members at the hospital bedside for skilled nursing facility referrals. This includes educating potential residents/patients and families regarding facility services offered as well as conducting physical assessment and/or screening.
- Travels to assess potential residents in various locations, including but not limited to hospitals and personal homes,
- Partners with Central Intake Team to ensure admission screening of potential residents, level of care determination, services required, equipment needs and insurance coverage, as appropriate.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with attending physicians in area hospitals to promote skilled services, assist with knowledge of geriatric medications and assist with drug interchanges.
- Coordinates admissions with appropriate departments and staff.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of current regulations governing Medicare / Medicaid and private insurance company reimbursement processes.
- Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Represents the company with professionalism to referral sources (i.e., care coordinators, discharge planners, social workers and physicians). Develops and maintains positive relationships to gain referrals.
- Maintains contact and coordinates care with patients who return to hospital from facility to ensure facility care was satisfactory and supports patient transition back to the facility.
- Coordinates pre-authorization for managed care admissions.
- Ensures company processes are followed to ensure the clinical and financial approval process in a timely manner.
- Registered Nurse Preferred, but position may be filled by LPN/LVN
- RN must have one (1) year experience in patient/resident assessments; LPN/LPN must have a minimum of two (2) years experience in patient/resident assessments.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and ability to review and interpret hospital medical charts
- Clinical assessment skills
- Understanding of patient transition across the acute and post-acute care continuum,
- Strong knowledge of various payment options and sources including but not limited to Medicare, Managed Care, and private payers.
- Must have excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).