Director of Business Development
Reports to: COO
Location: San Antonio, TX
Salary Range: Base TBD
The Director of Business Development is a role that combines all aspects of business development to include sales, and marketing. The candidate will possess the following skills sets: marketing knowledge, strategy experience, proposal management, sales experience, business development training experience, and network experience. The ideal candidate is a high-energy people person with excellent interpersonal communication skills; he/she is a detail-oriented and well-organized individual who enjoys working on an individual basis with little instruction as well as working with a team. Candidates must have 3+ years of successful experience working business development for a federal government service provider.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of Vighter’s vision and strategy
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision-making to ensure the organization maximizes its short, medium and long-term profitability through business development
- Coordinate with the executive on the implementation of the company’s strategic business development plans
- Develop, review, and report on the business development divisions strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed by the team
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results
- Supervise a business development team that includes sales, marketing, R&D, and acquisitions
- Competitor and market analysis
- Identify, recommend, negotiate, structure, and obtain internal approvals for acquisitions of potential business targets
- Develop and lead the Business Development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning through the Marketing department
- Present a budget for board approval and prudently manage resources within those budgetary guidelines according to company policy and within ethical corporate governance guidelines
- Responsible for new product development, innovation, and technology
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets and with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive management team
- Self-development and continuing personal development
Reports to:Chief Operating Officer
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in marketing, business development and sales functions.
- Must be able to target opportunities, conduct capture activities, prepare proposals, and follow up on submissions to government contracting offices.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Experience & Education:
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in government sales with at least 2 years focused on providing services to federal clients. Healthcare staffing and medical service experience highly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
- Proven business development strategy and skills with exceptional win rate.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in the development, management and execution of sales processes including lead generation, account planning, sales and strategy development, must have proven track record.
- Business acumen; ability to understand and communicate Vighter business, marketplace and value proposition in both the government and commercial markets.
- Self motivated with strong and positive work ethic/mentality
- US military services veteran preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business required
- Travel required as needed to complete sales duties
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to sit up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of a office employee
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up & down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to perform duties in an indoor office environment