- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Full Time
· Plans, organizes and coordinates the Cardiopulmonary Department efficiently and effectively as measured by budgetary, productivity, and performance improvement targets.
· Prepares, analyzes, reviews and monitors personnel, operational, and capital budget for the Cardiopulmonary Department.
· Ensures staff functions in accordance with specific policies and procedures within the scope of services for all patient populations unless specified otherwise; infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric for the Cardiopulmonary Department and upon the order of the medical staff.
· Evaluates services provided and increases outpatient volumes.
· Responsible for Human Resource functions
· Uses independent judgment to hire new employees and in applicant evaluation.
· Uses independent judgment to terminate supervised employees as appropriate in accordance with facility policies rules and procedures. Exercises supervisory authority to suspend employees for misconduct, initiates the disciplinary process, and documents employee work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations.
· Appropriates staffs unit. Assigns employees and schedules staff utilizing supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Authorizes and assigns overtime to employees when determined to be appropriate.
· Responsibly directs, monitors and corrects employees in the performance of job duties in order to ensure adequate performance and quality of work.
· Assists employees in an understanding of performance standards and provides employees with specific, timely, and constructive feedback
· Uses independent judgment to adjust/resolve complaints, concerns and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, overtime scheduling and other work related issues.
· Ensures high quality service in compliance with all federal, state and local accrediting bodies
· Rules, regulations, statutes, requirements, and standards including The Joint Commission, measured through quality control, performance improvement and customer satisfaction survey results.
· Exemplifies the core values of Florida Hospital, and serves as a role model and resource for hospital staff and visitors.
· Acts as a communication liaison for the department.
· Collects and documents quality improvement data and leads all Performance Improvement Activities.
· Ensures that the department is adequately equipped. Evaluates and strategically plans for capital equipment needs.
· Orders supplies and equipment as needed for the department.
· Performs the duties of a staff level Registered Respiratory Therapist as needed.
· Performs other tasks and related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in clinical field required (Respiratory Therapist or Registered Nurse) or Associates in clinical field and a bachelors or higher degree in Business or Healthcare Administration, OR 5 years leadership experience
Requires seven years of relevant clinical experience.
Requires a minimum of five years leadership experience.
Must be a Registered Respiratory Therapist or a Registered Nurse
Valid Florida license
This position will direct the overall organization of the Cardiopulmonary department which includes respiratory therapy, neurodiagnostic, and noninvasive cardiac testing (EKG, echo, stress testing) departments at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center and Florida Hospital Flagler and Florida Hospital Oceanside. The Director will be responsible for planning, directing, coordinating and evaluating the delivery of care for safety, effectiveness and cost containment as outlined in the department policies and procedures. This position requires the Cardiopulmonary Director to be knowledgeable and proficient in the treatment of respiratory and cardiovascular disorders for inpatients and outpatients under the direction of the Medical Director.