Job Title: Director of Catering - Embassy Suites Minneapolis Downtown by Hilton
The Director of Catering is responsible for coordinating
all phases of group meeting/banquet function held in the hotel; coordinate
these activities on a daily basis; assist clients in program planning and menu
selection, and solicit group catering business.
contract with clients.
all Catering inquiries and ensure timely follow up.
of budgeted food/beverages sales.
and maintain of all department control procedures.
tours/entertain potential clients
with different departments, specific group requirements. This includes
proposals, contract, and menus.
annual sales budget with restaurant team.
new and on-going business through use of Delphi database input, report
generation and maintenance.
and/or exceed weekly prospecting and catering sales activity goals.
participate in local, industry and/or national networking events in order
to access new contacts for new accounts/business.
direct and participate in the sales negotiation process.
partnership with the Hotel General Manager and Culinary Management, create
and enhance menus for clients as needed.
between the Banquet staff and GM to ensure timely communication of client
execution of banquets which may include working on the weekends, evenings
in Hotel weekly staff meeting.
all banquet event orders and daily/weekly banquet sheet to ensure
Conference Services Manager.
weekly/monthly sales activities reports.
and update menus/packages/upgrades regularly to ensure we are satisfying
guests’ needs and maximizing revenue.
appropriate sales collateral and tools for the department.
for safety hazards and report them immediately to your Department Supervisor.
duties as directed, developed or assigned
· To ensure that the needs of in house groups are met
at a four Diamond service level.
· Minimum 2-3 Years as a Director of Catering or Sr.
Catering Sales Manager level preferably in a boutique hotel environment with
demonstrated wide-ranging Knowledge of food and win and related food and
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent industry experience. Business or similar industry-related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of catering sales
process including prospecting, blitz campaigns, selling need periods,
negotiations, upselling and closing with proven, consistent track record
of catering sales/revenue goal achievement year-over-year.
· Excellent verbal and written communication
skills including leading and participating in formal presentations.
- Strong verbal communication and sales skills. Must be able to
communicate and receive information clearly. Must be able to read and
write in English.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong customer service aptitude.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide strong leadership, guidance and coaching,
- Ability to work within and as part of a larger team.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and balance multiple
- Strong desire to deliver high quality customer service.
- Detail oriented and organized as it pertains to accuracy and
- Personnel management skills.
- Customer service.
- Excellent working knowledge of all sales department operations
- Understanding of budgetary and fiscal responsibility to the
- Knowledge of all operational areas of the properties. Desire to be
progressive and within the hospitality industry