Sodexo Leisure is seeking a seasoned professional Director of Catering Sales, Cultural Destinations to join our award-winning team at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago, IL. Our focused marketing plan is expanding our business and the sales director will help us to shape the future as the premier destination for a unique experience, innovative menus and outstanding hospitality.
As the Director of Catering Sales you will lead multiple sales managers, the development, implementation and measurement of the revenue objectives in the annual marketing plan. You will manage and direct the sales team selling internal and external catering/ event business and may actively book and manage select clients.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- driving profitable top line catering sales by prospecting for new business and ensuring existing customer relations management;
- working in tandem with marketing manager and museum marketing teams to create and implement new engagement strategies and annual marketing plan;
- revenue forecasting, competitive analysis;
- spearheading proposal development, menu and contract negotiation;
- leading and creating content for weekly sales meetings;
- oversight of daily sales functions and event supervision;
- account receivable collections and re bookings;
- effective communications internally and externally;
- positive relationships with Museums management team and local hospitality partners; and/or
- travel as necessary to represent the organization at trade shows and sales calls.
The Museum of Science & Industry is an historic building with exciting exhibits to provide entertainment to visitors for daytime and evening functions. MSI is one of the largest science museums in the world with thousands of exhibits and artifacts. The venue is just steps from Lake Michigan and only minutes from downtown Chicago and has unique and spectacular spaces for events from social to corporate and conventions.
Develops and coordinates a sales team to achieve unit sales goals in the area of assignment, e.g., conference centers, cultural destinations. Creates a marketing strategy to promote the unit brand. Creates a sales plan and develops sales leads for new and repeat business. Responsible for individual and team sales quota attainment. Collaborates with client and/or operations on event details.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 5 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.