Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes’ website at www.alkermes.com .
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Alkermes is seeking a Director of Client Services to drive the business as a key leader responsible for designing and implementing strategy at a global scale using next-generation platforms that creates both a seamless employee experience and further accelerates the company’s internal and external growth efforts.
This leader will be responsible for global end-user computing, client applications, device management, collaboration experiences, logistics, global service desk, conferencing, conference rooms and mobility among others across the Alkermes enterprise. This leader will develop a team and culture focused on setting (and meeting) high expectations, responsive service level agreements, and achieving metrics that deliver best-in-class client and collaboration services on a consistent basis.
In providing global leadership for the development and implementation of integrated company-wide solutions, the person will own the creation of the end-user technology vision and strategy aligned with both the corporate and IT vision and strategies. This Director will be responsible for analyzing technology trends, assessing the impact of emerging technologies/platforms on the environment, and leverage data to drive world-class strategies and solutions. Other key deliverables will be based on service strategy, design, transition, operation, and continuous improvement of the end user compute and collaboration platforms.
This position will require occasional travel.
Technology and group oversight
Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics, KPIs, including average response time, first-contact-resolution rate, mean time to repair, call avoidance, demand mix and end-user productivity.
Engage, collaborate and communicate with user groups to maintain alignment with support and new application deployment initiatives.
Advance the disciplined use of a knowledge repository to share information among all levels of IT service and support.
Oversee the management of key license renewals originating within Client Services.
Engage and direct RFP processes with vendors for software licensing, enterprise computer purchases, service enhancements and service changes.
Manage escalation for urgent and complex end user support issues.
Budget Management & Optimization
- Responsible for the budget of the global Client Services organization, with a focus on:
- Establishing budget(s).
- Managing costs.
- Establishing productivity targets.
- Managing to targets.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction.
- Plan lifecycle of personal computers, mobile devices, and account management.
- Translate industry and Alkermes direction to optimally position the organization.
- Keep abreast of advance and changes in the field and when appropriate, adopt innovations that lead to improvement and increased efficiency of Alkermes’ operations.
- Plan jointly with other IT leaders and business stakeholders to deliver business-enabling technologies.
- Establish, maintain, and enforce standards within Client Services for personal computers and mobile devices.
- Establish, maintain, and measure key metrics and performance indicators and service levels.
- Manage key service providers to agreed service levels and performance on delivered services.
- Meet or exceed SLAs.
- Adapt standards anticipating and responding to changes in business landscape to support appropriate levels of growth and scale.
- Ensure IT services and processes (including those with external service providers) are conducted in line with corporate, environmental, technical, and security policies and applicable standards, legislation, and regulations (e.g. FDA, GxP, Sarbanes-Oxley, GDPR, HIPAA).
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight to local and global IT Client Services teams (including staffing, budgeting, and other related management and administrative functions)
- Establish a high-performing global management team for Client Services
- Coach, develop and mentor team members within and outside their organization.
- Prioritize and align internal and external resources.
- Manage key vendors and contracts for IT Client Services in conjunction with other internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, Legal).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 10 years work experience in managing helpdesk, field, desktop and technology support preferably in Life Sciences or Manufacturing within a regulated environment.
Proactive, outgoing approach towards introducing ideas and participating in detailed technological discussions.
Ability to work and manage successfully as a leader within a global, virtual team across multiple time zones.
Experience with ITSM tools (ServiceNow).
Strong customer service, coordination, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
Demonstrated history of leading team(s) to successful outcomes.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, collaboration tools such as WebEx, and conference room technologies.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Effective risk analysis and stakeholder facilitation to reach timely decisions.
Ability to adapt and remain effective in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The role will be based in Waltham, MA.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, national origin, ancestry, age, mental and physical disability, genetic information, any veteran status, military status or application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under applicable law.