The Director of Clinical Operations/Primary Care (DCO/PC) shall be responsible for development of the strategic direction for the primary care service line in conjunction with SMF and SMG Leadership, for management, leadership, direction, and administration for all operational and financial activities of the accountable Service Lines, and Programs. This role will be SVMF wide and will collaborate with foundation and medical group partners in the North and South valley. The DCO/PC implements and monitors policies and procedures that ensure high-quality, efficient and compassionate patient care, and is accountable for strategic planning and fiscal integrity of the assigned departments and services. This position also has overall Sutter Medical Foundation (SMF) accountability for developing/facilitating a comprehensive framework for high quality, affordable, clinical practice throughout SMF. The DCO/PC serves as dyad partner to the SMG Medical Director, Primary Care, primary care department chiefs and collaborates with SMF Quality, Safety and Risk Management. The DCO/PC will serve as a Clinical Leader for the electronic health record (EHR) and IS-related care. The Director of Clinical Operations serves as the representative individual(s) for overall nursing practice within SMF; and, as such, will represent SMF at the System Nursing Council. A deep understanding of primary care from a clinicians viewpoint including healthcare trends, communication, virtual environments, etc. is needed.Current RN licensure is required for this role and a licensedNurse Practitioner is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree inNursing is required.
- Master's Degree inNursing, Business or Health Administration is required.
- California RN license is required.
- Nurse Practitioner license isdesired.
Experience that is required for this role:
- Five years practice in Nursing/Clinical Leadership role.
- Prior experience in Ambulatory Care Redesign, Lean Toyota Management System, and/or other methodologies to drive successful clinical transformation.
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience with Electronic Health Records deployment and clinical practice development.
- Demonstrated knowledge in areas of physician practice operations and financing, ACO and managed care business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Improvement/Safety initiatives in ambulatory settings.
- Demonstrated strong track record in developing highly effective relationships with physicians.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership, project management, decision-making, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate analysis of clinical information into program and practice development.
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Professional Development
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental and Vision