Our Corporate Home Office has an exciting opportunity for you to become a Director of Construction for Restaurant and Ancillary Construction.
You will be responsible for corporate oversight of all construction related activities to corporate initiatives. You will partner with market project leads to ensure projects remain on track, on budget, as well as provide strong communication and reports to the Business Unit on project status. You are to review both new and modernization project plans for optimal layout and compliance with requirements.
In addition to following company policies and procedures, the principle accountabilities include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Partnering with Market RE Managers to review and ensure a robust pipeline that can sustain the planned future growth for that Market.
- Helping to create, lead, and execute the development plan to meet market specific plans.
- Tracking all markets’ projects for timing and completion establishing critical metrics to help improve the execution and on time completion
- Ensure quality control standards for construction (e.g., cost, timing, site building design layout, specifications).
- Restaurant and Kitchen design and layout
- Gather, review, audit, and maintain project cost reports.
- Partner with corporate internal audit to ensure project costs are as reported with backup documents and invoices
- Working with Global Restaurant Design Group to ensure consistency and applying Site Development Standards to optimize the site development processes (e.g., site layout, zoning, signage, and building capacity).
- Plan, budget, and work towards completion automation improvement projects such as market store mapping, new and modernization tracking and reports, equipment inventory, automated sales and channel dashboards
- Partnering with IT and other business areas to obtain available store data and facilitate obtaining any required data for project / dash board completion.
- Ensuring resolution of delayed projects to maximize months of sales
- Providing effective consulting and maintaining effective working relationships with regional leadership, Franchise Operators, other departments, alliance partners and other outside organizations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in a Corporate Development Role
- Restaurant layout, design, budgeting, and project management experience
- Experience influencing and handling franchisees as well as leading and coordinating vendors and consultants
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Franchisee/Licensee experience
- Problem solving abilities and mapping to IT solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- negotiating and coordinating contracts
- Customer focused
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
- Experienced level proficiency with current Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, External data, Macros)
- Experience working independently and prioritize effectively in a complex, ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Experience leading external resources and contract staff
- Problem solving, ability to troubleshoot complex issues and achieve a solution
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills
2 weeks paid vacation annually (accrual based)
8 paid holidays