In partnership with the Senior Director, Facilities and Maintenance, the Director of Construction Management will oversee the functional areas of Site and Vertical Construction, Operations, Purchasing, Production Services, and Architecture for the Facilities and Maintenance organization. This will include capital improvements & all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance, job site safety & compliance, and relevant building codes for our current & future Company Fulfillment Centers. You will manage all enhancement projects and building construction to make our facilities best in class!
**This position will sit in our Grand Prairie, TX DC**
You will '
- Manage design, planning, organization, and execution of capital projects
- Lead the coordination of all construction project logistical tasks & timelines
- Responsible for the financial management of assigned projects that can be in excess of 20M in total project costs.
- Make frequent site visits to survey the progress of work on all construction and associated renovation projects to assure quality control & monitor performance to contract.
- Play a critical role in formulation of construction budget; develop RFPs, negotiate terms and conditions with professional entities.
- Establish agreed upon project expectations and adherence to the approved budget and work effectively with end user(s), such as Fulfillment Operations, Engineering, Logistics, etc. - and other necessary outside professionals (architects, engineers, developers, estimators, equipment planners, etc.) to establish the scope and budget for a project
- Interface with local/state agencies regarding permits and inspects
- Liaise with outside contractors regarding bidding, scheduling, billing, and execution
- Monitor performance to contract and recommend payment for appropriate services rendered. This includes review and submission of all letters of approval, invoices, change orders, support documentation, etc.
- Manage business relationships with external contractors.
- Manage review process of all project design documents (drawings and specifications)
- Maintain up-to-date building & plot plans for planning & control purposes
- Regularly and effectively communicates the status of all major & minor construction projects to Leadership and stakeholders.
Your qualities '
- Performance management: of direct reports, projects and/or vendors
- Problem Solving/Analysis: Ability to shift focus and react to changing scope and conditions
- Detailed Oriented and Results Driven
- Partnership: Partner with Operations and support teams to deliver projects to enhance operations
- Multitasking: Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Communication Proficiency: speak to team members with tact and diplomacy
At a minimum you have '
- Bachelor's degree is required. Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field a plus
- 12+ years ' experience in construction with 5 years of experience in building e-commerce fulfillment/distribution centers
- Food industry experience a plus but not required
- Significant working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws and regulations related to facility buildouts
- Experience managing multiple projects of scope and scale simultaneously
- Proven history negotiating contracts for facility expansion (contractors, sub-vendors, landlords, permit offices, site management, etc.)
- Understanding of Building, Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing Codes
- Proficient in CAD
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret complex construction drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires heavy travel to all sites