J&S Audio Visual (JSAV) is a creative technology and event production company with a 35-year history of producing events in across the US, Mexico, and the Caribbean. JSAV US consists of a Hospitality division that serves over 80 hotels and convention centers and a Show Services division that delivers thousands of events across the US every year.
Our Creative Services Department is seeking an experienced Creative Director to manage a creative workflow for shows, events, and special internal projects consisting of mixed-media production, scenic design integration, audio visual technology integration, and creative development of cutting edge marketing tools for JSAV's National Sales Team. This position will oversee the digital, printed and in-person campaigns from pitch to completion, ensuring all work is creatively exceptional, strategically sound and uniquely innovative.
- Create and maintain a highly creative, flexible and collaborative atmosphere and culture promoting continuous improvement and innovation
- Assign and manage team members and freelance editors, writers and producers contracted to create content for shows and projects and see those projects through, including on show site
- Manage complex and fast-changing elements and deliverables in a deadline-driven environment with exceptional attention to detail
- Develop thematic concepts, logos, graphics, and other visual assets that enhance live-event messaging and customer branding
- Present well-considered concepts to clients and internal teams in a clear and compelling way
- Actively sell Creative Services to new and existing customers and produce live events using Creative Services as the lead or in conjunction with other AE’s
- Assist in the development of custom proposals and live presentations by adding vision and creating concepts
- Additional duties as needed
Minimum Background Requirements:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in live and virtual event creative directing, selling, and production/process management
- Experience and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop and Premier
- Fluency with both Power Point and Keynote as visual communications platforms.
- Highly creative, self-motivated
- Proven ability to discern customer goals and objectives through exploratory discussion and develop concepts and strategies to bring them to life
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Ability to interact with executive level customers and industry professionals
- Outstanding presentation skills incorporating current and emerging technologies.
- Proactive, aggressive, and highly organized
- Knowledgeable in Vector Works with Render Works, Final Cut Pro X, Power Point, Keynote, Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop and Premier
- Professional presentation skills
- Reside in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
- Regular domestic travel to client meetings and events required (approximately 25%)
- B.F.A. in Graphic Design, Media Studies or comparable education, plus experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen