The Director of Credit Analytics at Southern Management Corporation is responsible for analyzing, interpreting and communicating findings related to key performance indicators that drive higher performance and productivity results across all business lines. The Director of Credit Analytics consults with senior leadership on making well informed, data-driven decisions that ultimately impact the company’s bottom line by providing analytical decision support and performance measurement.
- Responsible for the development, execution and management of reporting and analytical needs of management
- Gather, organize, and analyze information.
- Extract and compile performance data from various source systems for qualitative and/or quantitative analyses
- Conduct various ad-hoc analyses to support strategy and monitoring functions
- Provide daily support for departmental operations
- Provide insight for process improvement across functional areas
- Perform analytic deep dives to identify drivers of business success.
- Manage analytic resources
- Manage vendor resources and external models used for customer sourcing and ongoing customer interactions
- Supports the implementation of new strategic initiatives based on data analysis of related KPI’s and monitors/tracks results accordingly.
- Analyze large, complex data sets utilizing data mining and statistical techniques to identify and interpret trends or patterns to drive collection strategy and policy enhancements.
- Develop recommendations and present analysis to management in a clear, concise, convincing, and actionable format
- Designs, develops, produces and maintains complex reporting across businesses to guide the assessment of product, portfolio, and business strategies.
- Produces high quality dashboards in a clear format that highlights actionable data points using client-ready tables, charts and text.
- Develops/amends workflows to ensure business needs are met.
- Standardize data to overcome manual data discrepancies in order to locate and correct reporting and analysis problems.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Master’s Degree (preferred) in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar quantitative field.
- 7+ years of experience in data or risk analysis preferred
- Management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyze numeric data and trends, including root cause analysis and deep dives into the data
- Ability to draw conclusions and form recommendations based on data analysis
- Ability to verbally communicate observations to leadership and internal partners
- The skills to synthesize information and distill relevant facts and reach logical conclusions.
- Proven data gathering and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of organization
- SQL experience required
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, especially Excel/Pivot Tables and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau preferred
- Critical thinking and strategic focus to anticipate company needs and offer solutions to meet those needs
This position is full-time, typical hours are 8-5.