Director of CRM/Salesforce Systems
800 Foster City Blvd
Foster City, CA 94404
Since moving to its new home in Foster City in 2004, the Peninsula Jewish Community Center (PJCC) has grown to more than 10,000 members. For over 70 years, the PJCC has worked to inspire a sense of community in San Mateo County. Award winning programs in Early Childhood Education, youth sports and an array of cultural events further its mission to build a caring and connected community, develop leadership and strengthen Jewish identity and values in an environment that is welcoming to all people at every stage of life.
We believe in A Commitment to Life: Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
The PJCC developed and implemented an innovative, custom Salesforce CRM with Traction On Demand (Vancouver, Canada) called Traction Rec, along with two other JCCs, to manage membership, program registration, facilities bookings, financial processing, and analysis of client participation and activity patterns.
The PJCC seeking a Director of Information Systems, who is a strong leader, strategic and tactical customer-driven thinker, innovative, and able to quickly and effectively grasp the PJCC's business and organizational goals to translate them to successful systems' development and implementation. This person will coordinate with all areas of the organization in creating business efficiencies, developing reports and dashboards for key performance indicators, and integrating targeted communications. An outcome of this work is producing analytics that the executive team and key managers will utilize to make business decisions which align with our strategic vision and plan.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems/Technology, Business Management, or related field
- 5+ years' experience designing and developing technical solutions based on existing technologies; managing resolution of system and network issues; and prioritizing goals and objectives
- 3+ years' Salesforce development or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Certified Advanced System Administrator
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic and tactical business partner who embraces a culture of innovation, collaboration, and service mentality
- Leadership with strong initiative, self-directing skills, utilizing a creative, innovative, and customer-driven framework in business applications, preferably in non-profit or non-governmental organizations
- Quickly and effectively understand business, organizational and departmental goals and objectives, balance and prioritize them effectively; anticipate and negotiate issues that may relate to competing objectives; identify areas of operational improvements/efficiencies and create viable solutions
- Extensive and broad Salesforce and software technology leadership and project management experience, particularly in the non-profit sector with a similar sized organization as PJCC and be able to quickly and effectively grasp Traction Rec and other related systems
- Strong technical abilities and skills to manage large databases including data migration and updating, building custom objects, fields, reports, utilize and manipulate spreadsheets, and report writing software. Strong ability to manage and analyze data to meet essential program evaluation and identify clients' interests and needs
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills of technical data to non-technical staff
- Proven, effective collaborator with all levels of staff
- Ability to work with multiple departments and manage a staff team to drive and lead innovation and interpret their systems needs into effective business solutions
- Proven Leadership and Management Skills to direct an Information Systems team, set objectives and metrics, and oversee a department budget
- Provide strategic leadership, vision, direction, and management of the CRM systems' development and implementation, and direct and facilitate the technological systems approach, scope, responsibilities, budget and schedules
- Direct and manage the business and systems development and working relationships with Traction on Demand and other software vendors (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot, SurveyMonkey Financial Edge) in collaboration with PJCC management and cross departmental teams
- Ensure effective meeting of projects milestones and budget, adequacy and success of testing, and successful completion of all project tasks
- Effectively network, collaborate, and coordinate with other JCC system development partners.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and assess their potential value for the PJCC and work to assimilate and integrate across departments
- Industry expertise - ongoing assessment of our information systems, stay up to date on related technology and advise organizational leaders on effective information systems solutions
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of a team of dedicated professionals who love their craft and working for the PJCC
- Above-Market Wages
- Phenomenal Benefits (including 403b matching, rich health care coverage, life insurance, FREE gym membership, lucrative program and service discounts)
- Generous Paid Time-Off (includes sick and vacation time, as well as numerous National and Jewish holidays)
Welcoming with joy people of all ages, faiths, and backgrounds, our innovative Center provides programs and services designed to meet the needs of everyone from infants to seniors.
Come work out in our 50,000 square foot Byer Athletic Center; take a class at our Koret Learning Center; create a lifetime of memories for your children at our award-winning preschool or at Camp Keff.
At the PJCC we believe in a 'Wellness Your Way' approach to overall wellness. Wellness Your Way is an integrated approach to help youth and adults of all ages experience greater well-being by helping you identify your own, unique wellness formula and create a plan to put that formula to work in your life.
Your personal wellness formula serves your whole life, and it is unique to you. Your formula includes Nourish, Move and Engage activities that are the building blocks of a life well-lived.