HLW is an organization of architects, interior designers, workplace strategists and thought leaders working with vibrant global organizations. Our offices in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Shanghai are strategically located to serve our clients globally. Collaborating with our clients we are building a future that will respond to how buildings - inside and out - perform to support the dynamic ways technology and the global theatre are changing. Our designs tell our clients’ stories. Be a part of a global, collaborative culture that fosters creativity and innovation. For more about our culture and thought leadership, visit our website www.hlw.com and our blog HLWSTORYBOARD.COM.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Design Technology to lead the applications of Digital Technologies and their integration with HLW’s design and project execution processes. The Director of Design Technology will lead efforts to ensure HLW is a leader in technology and digital processes in the architecture and design industry. The position requires extensive experience in Digital Practices and BIM-related concepts and technologies in the areas of design/parametric modeling technologies, automation, all design and construction phases of small and large projects both global and complex.
The individual should have strong expertise and interest in all aspects of AEC design technologies and processes. They are interested in finding faster and more efficient ways of working to drive both innovation and profitability, and for creating a true technology driven work place while balancing the practical needs of day-to-day operations.
The position will report to a HLW’s Leadership team with day-to-day reporting to the Principal in charge of the Design Technology Studio. Regular interaction with senior HLW management in all aspects of digital integration and strategy will be expected. You will also have direct interaction and communication with architectural teams, including leading training sessions and best practice implementation. Collaboration with all HLW offices is an important aspect of the position, as is periodic travel. The Director of Design Technology will also need to regularly work with the Director of IT to properly execute and implement the technology needs.
Selected responsibilities include:
- Develop and expand global digital practice standards and best practices
- Evaluate and advance BIM processes, policies, protocols and workflows
- Develop and maintain internal knowledge management content
- Oversee Resourcing and Training for project teams and senior level staff
- Integrate visualization processes with Revit modeling (Enscape, V-Ray, 3DS Max Interactive)
- Partner with architectural teams for digital customization and optimization
- Primary contact with vendor and other BIM related technical support
- Working with the in-house BIM Specialist and overseeing the monitoring of models for quality and content throughout the project delivery process and at specific project delivery milestones
- Ensure all project teams have the technology needed to efficiently and effectively delivery projects
- Research, develop and evaluate new technologies to support HLW’s digital practice
- Build a digital team with a goal to develop a stand-alone business.
- This position is ideally located in New York
- 5-year professional architectural degree or architectural master’s degree
- Architectural license preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in architectural design development, construction documentation and detailing on a wide variety of project types
- General knowledge of architectural practice
- Strong supervisory, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Revit with 5 or more years of experience using Revit on projects
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and software applications
- Experience with Dynamo, Navisworks, Enscape and 3DS Max desirable
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurances, wellness programs, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, travel insurances, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability status.