Director of Development/Fundraising
Michael-Ann Russell JCC
18900 NE 25th Ave
North Miami Beach, FL 33180
The Director of Development is a full time position that will report to the CEO and will serve as a key member of the Leadership team. The Agency will look to the Director of Development to identify opportunities and create and implement a fundraising plan. This individual will work to provide focused leadership and vision for the team and play a crucial role in decisions on the Agency's future. The position will have direct supervisory role over the development staff. The position will also have a significant role with the Board of Directors of the JCC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other job related duties may be assigned as appropriate.
- Vision, mission, and strategies.
- Actively engage with the CEO in co-creating and implementing a comprehensive strategic development plan for the MARJCC.
- Other Executive and Leadership functions
- Develop and implement the Agency campaign plan each year.
- Staff the Board fundraising and major fundraising event committees.
- Work closely with the Board of directors and other community leaders and donors.
- Cultivate and nurture donors as well as face-to-face solicitations.
- Direct annual campaign and affinity programs.
- Oversee grant proposal process to secure funding from foundations and government agencies.
- Direct sponsorship solicitations.
- Supervises the financial resource development staff team.
- Develop and initiate capital, endowment and planned giving campaigns.
- Works in consultation with all departments at the JCC to enhance their ability to serve the community.
- Participate in management and strategy committee meetings.
- Develop and monitor department budget.
Work with CEO and Leadership team to develop a shared vision for the future of the organization, build a sustainable fundraising stream to support the current mission, and develop appropriate policies, programs, goals and long-range strategies to advance the revenues and varied funding sources for the Agency.
Develop a systematic fundraising plan that includes both individual (community and major gift) and institutional (business and foundation) targets. Develop strong relationships with, the Chief Executive Officer, Leadership team members, key funders, foundations, corporations, Board members, staff, Foundation directors/staff, influencers, community leaders and others critical to individual and institutional fundraising efforts.
Provide oversight, guidance and support to current events and departments requiring sponsorship.Create and implement a Planned Giving Program.
Oversee the development of department's strategic and operational business plans. Knowledgeable about fundraising trends and donor analysis. Oversee department's budget and resource allocation management.Partner with and support the Leadership team.
Provide guidance and support to CEO and key volunteers with key solicitations and donor cultivation. Work with CEO and development staff on capital and endowment campaigns. Prepare and present development updates to Board and provide fundraising training to the Board. Provide guidance to various Board committees/ task forces.
- Create long range and short-term plans for fundraising activities.
- Work with CEO and senior staff to identify funding priorities and integrate development activities into the JCC's operations.
- Participate as member of the Leadership team that guides the JCC.
- The Director of Development must be prepared to network extensively, beginning with the Agency's Board of Directors and other supporting groups, to identify and reach out to prospective donors, grantors and sponsors.
- The successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal and listening skills, understand the mission of the JCC, bring a visionary zeal to the position and be an organized self-starter.
- Additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of five years of successful annual and capital campaign experience is preferred.Bachelor's Degree is required.
- CFRE preferred
- Excellent writing and promotional skills are a must.
The Michael Ann Russell Jewish Community Center, (MARJCC) is seeking an experienced Development professional who can help our growing community center continue its trajectory towards excellence. MARJCC is a warm, inclusive organization that is dedicated to building community and serving others.